• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Birthcontrol Pill to reglate periods? has this helped anyone get pregnant?

branham22

Reaction score
I was on the depo shot for 1 year. I have been off of it for almost a year now and my cycles are very messed up. I got my first period since coming off the depo this past May and it lasted all month. No period in June. Had a normal period in july and august. And now its November and I haven't had a period since august.

I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow morning. I was talking to a girl at work and she said the doctor put her on the pill to help her regulate her period. She said it worked and she had a normal 28 day cycle. She also told me if you don't take it like your supposed to, you will get pregnant FAST. Is this true?

I'm hoping the doctor will help. Does the pill regulate your period? If I don't take it right will I get pregnant FAST? Has this worked for anyone else?

OK I am not 100% sure exactly what you are aiming for...but I will try to answer.

The pill is a synthetic hormone that prevents you from becoming pregnant by preventing your body from ovualating. It is similar to the shot in that regard, and the 'period' that you have on the pill is really an artificial withdrawl bleed rather than a true period.

It makes your cycle appear to be 'regulated' but in fact you aren't actually going through the normal monthly cycle. There are also side effects for many people, and there may also be consequences on your natural cycle after you stop the pill as well. If you are concerned about the after effects of the shot, I would NOT recommend the pill because it is not really a solution to your problem, but rather will just make it appear that you have a normal cycle again...

Also, are you TTC or not? This was posted in the TTC forum so I thought so, but then it doesn't sound like you do...

If you don't take the pill regularly (same time everyday) you could still ovulate and you could get pregnant. However, it does not HELP you get pregnant at all...

Hope this answers your questions?

not sure about this but the pill prevents pregnancy. so i just dont undersand how it can help you to become pregnant tbh. It also thickens the lining of the uterus making it difficult for implantation.

Sorry I wasn't very clear! But yes I am wanting to get pregnant! What can I ask the doctor to put me on to help me regulate my periods and increase my chances of getting pregnant?

Yes I have read that if your body is struggling to regulate after coming off BCP or depo then going on the BCP for a cycle or two can help. I think it basically helps to kick start the system.

Also I am taking B complex and vitex tincture (30drops in water every am) and I think it's helping. My cycles are all over the place since stopping the BCP in march after 12 years.

Good luck

The Dr put me on BC pill in December for irregular periods. I stayed on it until May and got pregnant in June. It worked for me but like another poster said everyones body reacts to the hormones in different ways. I would talk to your Dr tomorrow and see what they recommend. Good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon!

I just cannot imagine how BCP could ever help your cycle. It actively prevents ovulation, and while some people may ovulate right away after coming off, many have issues with their natural cycle for quite awhile afterwards. I would avoid that solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree about Vitex and Vitamin B though! Vitex is great for regulating LH/FSH levels (hormones responsible for the 2 phases of your cycle), you should definitely take that! Also, hormonal contraceptives can deplete you of Vitamin B which can cause issues as well, so that is another great thing!

I believe sometimes doctors will prescribe Clomid to bring on ovulation, but that has it's drawbacks as well.

Good luck!

I know you can take progesterone to help bring on a period when having a irregular period.

Also, if you do need BCP, you can ask for a low dose progesterone only pill. They have been shown to have fewer side effects.

Good Luck, and :dust:

I'm so confused ladies! Haha. Where can I get Vitex and Vitamin B? Over the counter at my drugstore pharmacy?
I just want a BFP :(

I'm so confused ladies! Haha. Where can I get Vitex and Vitamin B? At my local drug store pharmacy over the counter?

I just want my BFP :(

With B complex you want probably 100mg. Vitex tincture is better than tablets and works quicker.

You need to get if from a good, reputable heath shop. Not GNC or walmart or anything.

Speak to your doctor tomorrow and see what they say.

Good luck

My doctor gave me BCP to regulate my period after depo. He put me on a tri-phasic pill that is the most like the bodies natural hormone cycle and it did the trick after 1 month. I'm not yet pg but I have regular 28 day cycles and I'm now ovulating.

Mrs_Dutch can you tell me the name of the pill your Dr put you on? How long after you took it did you get your BFP? Thanks :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"