Birthing ball

BabiNo2

Reaction score
Anyone used this with previous pregnancies and found that it does really help get you into labour? Was on for an hour or so last night whilst watching BGT and noticed some stronger BH when I went to bed. Gonna give it another go today.

I never used one so no advice im afraid! Hope something happens for you soon though xx

Thank you. Fingers and toes crossed this week!!

I don't think it helps you go in to labour, but it definately helps baby get into a good position :)

I found it was about the only place I could sit down and be comfy in the last few weeks before labour. I sat and watched telly on it rather than the couch. Must get it out again soon.

I have been sitting on mine in the hope that it will encourage baby to move further down into my pelvis. I don't think the ball itself can help bring on labour though, sadly.

I heard that you must be sure of the babys position before attempting it because if its breech or back to back its not so good somehow...

baby has been head down for a few weeks but at 37 week appointment still was free and not engaged. Hoping this gets baby moving a little.

I was thinking of getting a birthing ball but I'm wondering... is there much difference between this and a gym ball (except the price!)

gym ball is what I have - I checked on net and everyone said they are same thing - cost £5 from tesco but they also have full yoga set on offer at the moment for £11.50 which has one in it as well. x

A birthing ball is usually bigger and is anti-burst (meaning if it bursts it goes down slowly rather than going with a pop and you ending up in a heap on the floor)
The important thing size wise is for your knee's to be lower than your hips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->