birthing partner or not????

With my first two I had my partner with me. With my third I had my best friend, she was absolutely brilliant, it felt alot more relaxed we had the radio blaring and we were laughing all the way through it. I feel because she had been through it herself she knew what I was going through, where my partner just looked scared and he felt useless so I guess it made it look as if I was putting on a show.

My friend was brilliant, defo recommend your closest friend, yes I did t want her seeing my bits, but by the time I was pushing she was at the bottom of the bed sparing me on, my 3rd birth was amazing and she is going to be there this time too.

Im having my OH and mum there.. I had them both there for birth of my DD and they were brilliant, my mum has had 5 children herself and she just seemed to know exactly when I wanted to be spoken to, or be touched and when to just leave me alone lol.. my OH bless him just sat there very quiet and getting drinks etc up until the pushing and then he was down the other end watching DD come out while my poor mum had nail marks in her hands from bein up top and urging me to push lol.. For me it was best support I could have had xx

Good luck in deciding. I think the 3 people that have asked if they can be your birthing partners are very very rude. They have put you in an awkward position and as others have said if you say no they may alienate you but only you can make the choice. Did you even think about asking any oft hem to be there before they asked?, if not I would say you dont want either of them there and therefore say no to all of them.

Good luck again in deciding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->