Birthing pools?

caro103

Alex and Eddie's Mummy
Reaction score
Hey ladies i'm trying to do some serious research into which birthing pool I want to get so I can just quickly order it once I get the go ahead for my hb after my 36 week appointment!

Any advice? Did you hire or buy? where from?

Thanks muchly :D

We were blessed enough to be able to borrow ours. It's the regular size birth pool in a box and I must say it's fabulous! I love the size of it and that it's big enough for me to basically just lean over the side and let my legs float out behind me without any cramping. Also it's a good enough size that DH can get in with me and still not even touch me if I didn't want him to.

Thought that hiring a pool didn't really make much sense to me, as the costs (to cover the right weeks) meant that we could just buy one cheaper.. if fact we went for one on e-bay in the end, a £50 bargin!

It was the birth pool in a box regular - loads of room, easy to inflate and fill, and very sterdy. I've heard brilliant things about the la bassine pool

There are links on the first page of the sticky BNB "homebirth and homebirth hopefuls" to all the pools!

You could also see if you can borrow one from a local homebirth group, some lend them out. I recommend getting involved with your local homebirth group anyways if you have one.

XxX

thanks hun, does it have a soft bottom? thats the one i've been looking at and the whole kit seems to be around £100 to hire or £160 to buy, which in some ways makes sense as this is only my 1st baby :D

Cheers bournefree, will check out the 1st page of the thread! x

Oh I love the soft bottom of the BPiaB! It's like a floaty you blow up and can lay on in a pool. Plus there's a great blow up seat in the corner that you can either sit on if you're too hot, or kneel on. Or more importantly a great place to sit after giving birth while you have cuddle time.

I agree with the buying second hand off of ebay or something though. I see great deals on there and those women either didn't get a chance to use them or used it once. Then you can keep it for each additional birth! And/or be that really cool mum that has one and can lend it out. :thumbup:

cheers gonna check out ebay too ;) x

I hired mine from here: https://www.waterbabybirthingpoolhire.co.uk/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"