Birthing vids/pics

SmartieMeUp

Mum of 2 girls.
Reaction score
Just been watching videos of women giving birth and photos. I must say it isn't what I expected and truthfully fascinating, but the crowning really made me feel the pain inside.

Maybe TMI but my OH hurts me during sex (even if lube is used). How something small can stretch to that circumference is beyond me.

For the one's who have already popped, how would you describe the feeling of it? (Minus the contractions)

I was asked to be my sisters birthing partner for when baby #2 was born, but, I opted out due to me not wanting to witness how painful it is without feeling it myself. She was lucky and had 3 hours labour and 8 minutes pushing.

RING OF FIRE! Seriously, his head coming through was the worst pain of all. Once his head was out though, boom! No pain. The midwife was able to pull out his shoulders.

RING OF FIRE! Seriously, his head coming through was the worst pain of all. Once his head was out though, boom! No pain. The midwife was able to pull out his shoulders.

I love your enthusiasm :haha: Did you have any help at all? Forceps/suction?

I love your enthusiasm :haha: Did you have any help at all? Forceps/suction?

Nope. :) I pushed out his head in 20 minutes, then I gave another little push as the midwife pulled the rest of him out.

Ok, the ring of fire thing made me cringe. lol XD Ah! I literally felt a little sympathy
pain with that. But I am getting an epi. I honestly am HORRIBLE with pain...

Oh! And here is a good birthing vid! I LOVE her channel- highly recommend it.
I wouldn't be half as prepared as I am now without it :) But here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUzX_UiVq9U&playnext=1&list=PL5BF2CBCB8DF0BE54

Oh! And if your watching One Born Every Minute, it is SO over exaggerated! Seriously.

I have my FX for a natural birth! When I had to get my nasty cyst drained yesterday she said that most people are babies about the shot she had to give me and that you see then in birth and it's totally flipped! LOL. So I'm hoping that my high pain tollerance sticks through labor and delivery!! Lol.

I have my FX for a natural birth! When I had to get my nasty cyst drained yesterday she said that most people are babies about the shot she had to give me and that you see then in birth and it's totally flipped! LOL. So I'm hoping that my high pain tollerance sticks through labor and delivery!! Lol.

Bwhaha. I think they lie about stuff like that. When I was admitted and they gave me my IV the nurse went "How'd I do? Did it hurt? Someone women say that getting the IV is the worst part of labor!". That was a load of bull shit. :haha:

Oh my gosh, I didn't know doctors stretched it out like that.. Oh my god.. :wacko: I'm going to be so proud of myself if I make it through with no meds!

Bwhaha. I think they lie about stuff like that. When I was admitted and they gave me my IV the nurse went "How'd I do? Did it hurt? Someone women say that getting the IV is the worst part of labor!". That was a load of bull shit. :haha:

:haha: she was saying the shot was the worst part of what she was doing right then :dohh: lol I would have to assume the least painful part is the IV :haha: my guess was contractions but some it's contractions others it's pushing that damn baby out!!! LOL

Awe hearing about everyones experience of the RING OF FIRE kind of makes me wish i got to experience that.
yes i just said that.
i will never get to experience that feeling.

splitting in two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

once lillys head was born i had to wait for another contraction to pushh the rest of her out, and that was the worst bit for me the head born but rest of her inside.. i will nver forget the stinging sensation.. makes me cringe thinking about it...

i only had gas and air and i have a very low pain threshold so im proud of that fact...

'Ring of Fire' is EXACTLY what it feels like! :rofl: It's okay though :) when you get to that stage, you know you're almost there, so you just take a deep breath, and concentrate on pushing! Honestly, ring of fire, not the worst part IMO. It's over in such a quick period of time, it's just one of those bits you have to get through. Worst bit for me was the contractions every couple of minutes!!!

Both my kids, born just under 18 months apart, were born with just using gas and air and the birthing pool. One small tear with my daughter, which wasn't stitched (did get infected later, but cleared up with anti biotics), and nothing with my son.

I really want to have my babies with gas and air at the most.
I'm extra worried about having to have a c-section to deliver Baby B because apparently in most twin pregnancies, Baby A is fine, but Baby B ends up being breech :cry:

I really want to have my babies with gas and air at the most.
I'm extra worried about having to have a c-section to deliver Baby B because apparently in most twin pregnancies, Baby A is fine, but Baby B ends up being breech :cry:

I'd definitely prepare yourself for a c-section, hon. :hugs: Sometimes, it's just the safer option! Does your doctor/midwife know you want to try for natural? Make sure they know.

OH's mom delivered her twin daughters, vaginally. Baby A was head down and delivered fine, Baby B was breech. The doctor had to reach up and partly yank her out, and they discovered the cord was wrapped around her neck, twice. :wacko: A c-section really would have been a safer option for her!

I'd definitely prepare yourself for a c-section, hon. :hugs: Sometimes, it's just the safer option! Does your doctor/midwife know you want to try for natural? Make sure they know.

OH's mom delivered her twin daughters, vaginally. Baby A was head down and delivered fine, Baby B was breech. The doctor had to reach up and partly yank her out, and they discovered the cord was wrapped around her neck, twice. :wacko: A c-section really would have been a safer option for her!

I know, i wont feel bad if i have to have one, because if its whats best for my LO's, then thats all that matters. But i'd rather be able to deliver them both vaginally. My midwife knows, and im moving in 4 weeks, so i'll get a new one anyway and i'll have to tell her.

The thought of the doctor putting his hands that far up made me cringe. But i guess its no worse than pushing a baby out :haha:

xSarahM, breech babies can be delivered vaginally - there's a great website I was reading on natural twin births (my midwife asked me how i fancied twins at my appointment. Just waiting for the scan to see). I'll find it for you.

ETA: It's a homebirth website but the videos of the women's stories are good, since they all had their twins naturally. Here it is! https://www.homebirth.org.uk/twins.htm

xSarahM, breech babies can be delivered vaginally - there's a great website I was reading on natural twin births (my midwife asked me how i fancied twins at my appointment. Just waiting for the scan to see). I'll find it for you.

ETA: It's a homebirth website but the videos of the women's stories are good, since they all had their twins naturally. Here it is! https://www.homebirth.org.uk/twins.htm

I know but i heard somewhere that some doctors will want you to have a c-section for the second baby if they're breech. (May be wrong.) Would you want twins? :)

Thanks for the website, i'll have a look!

I know but i heard somewhere that some doctors will want you to have a c-section for the second baby if they're breech. (May be wrong.) Would you want twins? :)

Thanks for the website, i'll have a look!

They tend to reccommend sections even if you have a breech singleton, but it can be done! One of the women on that website was saying how one of her twins "rumped" instead of crowned, and she said it was actually much more comfortable!

I'd love twins, but i'm not getting my hopes up because then I'd be dissapointed if not, kwim? A singleton would be better though, since we're planning on co-sleeping, breastfeeding and babywearing, and while that can be done with twins successfully, it'd definately cause chaos haha!

I think you just need to do lots of research, don't take what the doctor says on face-value either. I never trust a proffesional just because they have a degree. Decide on what you believe is best for you and babies (even if you feel that means section), stick to your guns and be confident :thumbup:

They tend to reccommend sections even if you have a breech singleton, but it can be done! One of the women on that website was saying how one of her twins "rumped" instead of crowned, and she said it was actually much more comfortable!

I'd love twins, but i'm not getting my hopes up because then I'd be dissapointed if not, kwim? A singleton would be better though, since we're planning on co-sleeping, breastfeeding and babywearing, and while that can be done with twins successfully, it'd definately cause chaos haha!

I think you just need to do lots of research, don't take what the doctor says on face-value either. I never trust a proffesional just because they have a degree. Decide on what you believe is best for you and babies (even if you feel that means section), stick to your guns and be confident :thumbup:

I want to definitley breastfeed, but i am really worried, like if they're preemies, they might have trouble latching on. Or i might have one that feeds really well, and the other cant. Or if i dont produce enough milk. Its just one worry after another being pregnant!

And i just feel like i dont know squat about babies! I do loads of research but half of the stuff i find contradicts the other half? Its a nightmare :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"