Bit Confused!

Cal81

Reaction score
Hi

I stopped the pill on 24th may after 14 years.
I had my normal withdrawal bleed on 29th may.
I had bought Clearblue Opk's in readiness to start ttc and tried one on 12th june (more out of interest) and it showed ovulation/peak fertility.
I have still not had a period however. I wouldnt have thought much about this as its only 5 1/2 wks but if i ovulated so soon should my period have come by now??
Due to hubby working away the only time i had sex anywhere near this time was 12th june (albeit 4 times in the space of a few hrs) sorry if too much info.
Any thoughts as to why i have had no period yet?

Thanks

Are you sure that your OPK was positive? Did you use a digital or a line OPK? If you used a line OPK then it might have been negative and you accidentally read it as a positive. The test line has to be darker than the control line for an OPK to be positive. There is always some LH in your system, so often times there will be two lines on an OPK, but the test line will always be lighter than the control line unless you are ovulating. You may also try taking a pregnancy test to see if your period is missing due to a pregnancy.

Hi

I used the digital Clearblue opk so had a clear smiley face.
I did hpt on 1st july with a negative result, i am sure it would have been able to pick it up then being 16 days after potential conception?

Cal

Yes, your HTP most likely should have been positive by then if you were pregnant. You probably also missed your window if you BDed on the 15th when your positive OPK was on the 12th. You ovulate 12-36 hours after your positive OPK (usually within 24 hours) and the egg itself only stays viable for 12-24 hours after ovulation. So you probably O'd on the 13th and the egg lost its viability on the 14th.

My best guess is that your cycles are wacky since you've only just come off of birth control recently. If you're worried then I would talk to your doctor to see what's up with AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->