Bit disappointed :(

Lil-woowoo

Mummy
Reaction score
In the lack of information ive been given re home birth :growlmad:. When i got my maternity notes there was leaflets on waterbirths and c-sections yet nothing on homebirths:shrug:. When ive spoke about it ive been made to feel like i'll be an inconvience for having to have midwifes at my home:nope:. I am 25 and this is baby number 2, my son is nearly 6 and i had a complete easy laour with him. Pain relief wise i managed on entonox and pethidine, and had no complications or tears. My son was born at 39+2, and only in labour for 9 hours:thumbup:. I just want to give birth in a nice relaxing environment, my hospital labour ward is very old and will be closing a couple weeks after i give birth and moving to a lovely new hospital. x

Nothings stopping me, just wish i had been given more information rather than made to feel like a silly girl :shrug:. Ive been reading up best i can on the web but obviously i would like pethidine as a back up, so do i get my gp to write out a script?

I think a lot of us hear have dealt with a lack of home birthing information. That's what makes forums like this so great! Just have a read through some of the threads or use the search engine above to find any specific question you have. When I first came here that's all I did for like weeks! And then if there's anything you can't find, or isn't answered enough then just ask us that's what we're all here for. Most of us have been there, some of us are about to be there, and the rest are just like you hun. You're not alone, you just have to do a bit more work to get what you want.

And you can't let what your midwives think bother you. Because you don't know that's what they think, or how they're feeling. By stopping analyzing everything people say will make you MUCH happier :)

Thank you jenni, you are right in everything youve said lol i do need to stop over analyzing everything the middys say lol:haha:. I must admit ive been reading through a lot of posts here and finding out a lot more than i have from the hospital. Thank you again xx

At my booking-in appointment, I told the MW that I wanted a home birth- she nearly squealed with delight! Unfortunately, I haven't seen that MW again. At my 36 week appointment this week, I had to remind them that I wanted a homebirth, although it's clearly written in my notes and have never kept it a secret, mentioning it at most appointments. She said, "Oh, we'll have to come by and do an assessment and leave the home birth kit. We'll call you to arrange a time." Well, today is Friday (my appointment was on Monday) and I had to call them yesterday to remind them that I am 37 weeks on Monday, and come hell or high water, with or without their assessment/kit, I am going to have this baby at home, so they'd better come!

Well, she's coming this afternoon! Even when you *know* you want a homebirth, it's a constant struggle!

Good for you Cathy!

Lil-Woowoo - dont worry. It may have been a genuine over sight. TBH home birthers are in the minority so they may just not have thought to mention it. Lots of time now to get excited and make your plans! next MW appt ask if you can have pethadine or not. You'll probably find that you are so relaxed in the comfort of home, it doesnt even occur to you and water/TENS/hypnobirthing/G&A are more than enough for you x

They are obliged to get someone to you - their staffing issues are NOT your problem. Yes they have a difficult job at times but YOU have a harder one!!

Have a read here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->