Bit gutted re: fertilisation report :(

BabyDancing13

Reaction score
Well, crap fertilisation report. :(

Out of 13, 11 eggs could be injected, but only 4 have fertilised normally. We will probably have to do day 2 or 3 transfer, as opposed to 5, and just hope for the best.

We will not get any to freeze either as you need 3 or more good embryos for them to be frozen. I am gutted and fed up of this rollercoaster.

Good job we have two blastocysts frozen for a potential 'chance' later on.

Sorry to hear you're disappointed but try to focus on the 4 that have fertilized. One of these could still be your bfp!! 2 or 3 day transfers don't mean your chances will be less, just that the lab have less time to select which are the best out of the 4.
Is there no chance they will freeze those they don't transfer if they carry on growing beyond day 2-3?

How you feeling 2day? x

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment hun :hugs:
I know it's hard when numbers are dwindling, I felt I'd let myself down not getting any of our embryos to day5/freeze on either of our previous cycles but I wish I could've found the energy and positivity to concentrate wholeheartedly on the embryos that were still in the running. I'm rooting for you and your 4 embryos :hugs: xxxx

That's crap they won't freeze unless you have 3! They should freeze any blasts left over :( but it only takes one so I still think your odds are great.

Thanks ladies. I think because we got 5 great blastocysts on first cycle from 6 eggs, this just seems worse- if you know what I mean? I really am not sure how many more cycles of IVF I would be prepared to do either. It affects life, work and everything doesn't it. xx

It absolutely does! I'm having those 'this time will be the last time' thoughts because I'm having lots of unpaid time off for this cycle to remove the stress of work, but its just made me more stressed in the lead up trying to hand everything over! It's so hard to balance everything. And we're gonna be skint to boot! :brat:

Good luck for tomorrows update call, I'll be thinking about you xxxx

UPDATE: Thanks for all the good wishes. Thankfully all 4 embryos have developed to 3-4 cell stage (day 2) and we will transfer the best 2 tomorrow (day 3). Embryologist is also hopeful that we may be able to freeze the other 2. Transfer will be at 10am xx

Ahhhh, great news Hon. It's a crazy crazy journey where things can change day to day. But all good at the moment which is great news.

X

Amazing news babydancing, all the positive thinking is working <3
Good luck for tomorrow xxxx

Thank you. I am also relying on this endometrial scratch to get them snug now. PIO going well but tummy bloating with short cramps every now and then. I am just so nervous as I bled early on my first ICSI. xx

The scratch will do it's job and create a nice home for your 2 babies <3 <3 xxx

Only 2 continued to develop, so none to freeze, but the 2 are now transferred. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->