Bit of a scare, but it's all good!

maisiemoo

Reaction score
Last night I bled ALOT. I really believed it to be the onset of a MS - very scared.

After no sleep, few tears my OH and I turned up the EPU centre and they agreed to a scan. Turns out that baby is fine!!! saw him/her kicking away (had the longest legs) and the pregnancy is strong. They found a bloody area of around 5cm around the gest sac and apparently this can be caused by over active hormones - the same ones that cause MS etc. I never knew this could happen....

I have my offical 12 weeks scan tomorrow, so it will be nice to know whether or not this bloody area has reduced. Most of the time it will either drip away, absorb itself into the tissue or the worst case scenario is that the bleed can detach the sac from the wall - however this is very very very unlikely.

Hi Maisie!! Glad you got good news!! I have the same thing that keeps causing me to bleed too!! I had another large (to me) bleed this weekend as well!! they keep saying that eventually it will either go away or the babies will just squeeze it away. It could grow, but mine is under the babies, so more likely the babies will squish it out!! Hopefully that is what they did this weekend!!! :thumbup:

I am going in this afternoon for a checkup scan as well and am PRAYING that all is ok!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->