Bit of advice please ladies

Echeniquegg

Reaction score
Hi,

New to this but just found a link and thought someone might have experienced something similar here. Basically, my boyfriend and I are 25 and have been talking about children but nothing serious really. I've been taking the pill (cilest) for about 4 years, have always taken it as advised and have never had any problems. A couple of weeks ago, however, I had my 7 day break as usual (bleeding as usual) and completely forgot to take the next two days worth meaning a 9 day break. I then took it for the next two days as normal. We were having unprotected sex during these few days.
At the weekend we really talked about it all and have decided we were going to stop taking cilest all together and see what nature decided, so the last 5 days again no pill. Today then I discover a kind of pink discharge with a few spots of blood. Naturally, being at work with quite a bit of time on my hands (!) I've been looking at various websites and have noticed a lot about imlpantation bleeding. Surely this can't be happening so early, can it? Anyone had anything similar or know of this happeneing within 2 weeks max?

Looking forward to getting some clarity before I start to panic/elate!!
Gem

Hi Gem

Welcome to BabyandBump :dance:

Just wondering so I have it right how many days after your period did the pink discharge appear?

x

Hiya Gem!!

Welcome to BabyAndBump!!

Have you got any other sympotms/unusual happenings apart from the bleeding??

xxx

Hi,

New to this but just found a link and thought someone might have experienced something similar here. Basically, my boyfriend and I are 25 and have been talking about children but nothing serious really. I've been taking the pill (cilest) for about 4 years, have always taken it as advised and have never had any problems. A couple of weeks ago, however, I had my 7 day break as usual (bleeding as usual) and completely forgot to take the next two days worth meaning a 9 day break. I then took it for the next two days as normal. We were having unprotected sex during these few days.
At the weekend we really talked about it all and have decided we were going to stop taking cilest all together and see what nature decided, so the last 5 days again no pill. Today then I discover a kind of pink discharge with a few spots of blood. Naturally, being at work with quite a bit of time on my hands (!) I've been looking at various websites and have noticed a lot about imlpantation bleeding. Surely this can't be happening so early, can it? Anyone had anything similar or know of this happeneing within 2 weeks max?

Looking forward to getting some clarity before I start to panic/elate!!
Gem

With Cilest, if you have missed ONE or TWO pills, you will still be protected against pregnancy but if you forget to take THREE or more pills, you aren't be protected against pregnancy, which in theory means that in the two days you forgot to take your pill, you are unlikely to have gotten pregnant.
As the Pill is a synthetic oestrogen and progesterone, it is more likely that the pink coloured bleeding is simply a progesterone withdrawal bleed.

Wishing you the best of luck however, hope your baby dancing days a few! lol

I was on celeste before we started TTCing and i had the same bleeding as you when i stopped taking it. Its called a withdrawal bleed and some people getin ti coming off the pill, some dont.

Hi,

About 13 days according to my calculations. What do you think?

Thanks!

Deff sounds like withdrawl bleed as you took a couple then stopped again

BTW welcome to Baby and bump :)

Hello and welcome to the forum. I too think it sounds like a withdrawal bleed. Good luck ttc.

I have never been on the pill but sometimes asking a couple of questions helps the others :D

Good luck TTC :dust:

:hi: Welcome to BnB Gem!

The other girls have said it well. Just wanted to welcome you! Good luck TTC!

xxx Suz xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"