Bit of an unusual question

Neodymiumlove

Reaction score
But when did you all fall in love with your baby in utero? I feel already in love but some people i have mentioned this to act as tho its too soon ?? I dont feel it is...but was curious how you ladies felt on this subject ...please feel free to delete if this is in the wrong place or etc

Good question! I really don’t know, maybe 12 weeks, first scan or first movement- I think till then it just doesn’t feel real to me.

Good question! I really don’t know, maybe 12 weeks, first scan or first movement- I think till then it just doesn’t feel real to me.
I think i understand how you mean...im already in love yet i know after first scan that will intensify . Thanks ladies for your input xx

After multiple early losses, I didn't dare get attached before my first scan at ten weeks. Even after that, it didn't feel real. I was still scared to believe it. When I started feeling movements, I began coming to terms with the reality that it's actually happening (YAAAAY!) and then finding out the gender helped me connect with baby as their own little person.

I think I’ve loved my baby before I even conceived as it has been sooooooo wanted and I’ve been waiting sooooo long for this moment...

However, although I have all the symptoms of nausea, sickness, fatigue etc and KNOW I am pregnant I feel like it also doesn’t feel quite real to me at the moment... it’s like I almost don’t believe it’s happening.. I guess no bump, no kicks etc the reality hasn’t quite sunk in ... I had a scan at 8 weeks but baby was just a splodge on the screen. I have my 12 week scan (although will almost be 13 weeks) next Monday so hopefully should see arms, legs and the head etc so will sink in and seem more real seeing baby more human shaped! Might have a bit of a break down when reality hits me! Hehe....

I know this is later than a lot of women said, but I don’t feel that major attachment until around 20 weeks. I don’t know if it just doesn’t feel real until then or what, but with my daughter I was very unattached until I found out she was a girl. And then as soon as I did I feel in this deep and intense love with her. And now with this little baby I love it, but I don’t want to put my heart into it if something were to happen. So for now I have love for my little baby, but probably won’t be in love with them until much later on. I hope that makes sense.

But I also don’t think it’s weird for you to be in love from day one. Everyone is different and that is what makes motherhood special for every woman!!

I don't think it's ever too early. With that said, I didn't really feel a strong love for her until around 3 months post birth and then it grew from there. I didn't feel attached while pregnant bc, I think, I had several losses and the pregnancy was high risk and I didn't really believe I'd take a baby home. And then after birth, I was just too exhausted to feel much of anything. I mean, I loved her in the sense that I would do whatever I needed to do to protect her and keep her safe, but I didn't feel in love with her, iykwim. By about 3 months, I was head over heals. Just my experience.

I feel attached almost straight away. I'm 7 weeks and already madly in love with my little one xx

Thankyou ladies for sharing x i do feel love for my baby already and i know after scan that will be even more apparent . Maybe its just hard for some people to understand for whatever reason. And also its okay if love doesn't come straight away too x was really great to read all the replies .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->