bit peeved

Mynxie

Reaction score
bit peeved... midwife appointment on thursday was fine...except there was something she said that was really offensive... stuff about getting someone to help me look after my child!!!! Not 'will you need help?' or anything, straight in with talking about getting someone in...it's not happening, no bloody way! My child, hubby and I will care for child, why is it that cause I'm disabled, people think crap like that? Yes it's gonna hurt every time I pick my baby up...but FFS we thought about that and discussed it a long time ago. Our baby, our responsibility!

LOL, yes, too outspoken to let something drop like that, though I was very good, I didn't kick off! I said just cause i need help for my needs doesn't mean i need any for baby, I can care for my nieces fine and my baby will be no diferent

Im sure she was just trying to be helpful, not intentionally saying you wont be able to do anything.
It is a shame people do assume these things though

Hun i would have said ...

"just because im disabled doesn't mean i've lost the use of my arms or my brain for that matter"

some people have no bloody comon sence!

Take no notice your gonna be a fab mummy!

xxx

should have parked on her foot and asked if she needed any help thinking becauses shes a numpty

Hun i would have said ...

"just because im disabled doesn't mean i've lost the use of my arms or my brain for that matter"

some people have no bloody comon sence!

Take no notice your gonna be a fab mummy!

xxx

lol, i do have limited use of my arms alot of the time hun, lol, but there's easy ways around that. I just have limited movement and pain...and involuntary movement, mostly shakey, means some things will be a bit more tricky, but it doesn't mean i wont be able to do it. Being a mum will be a challenge...but isn't it a challenge for every mum? Just cause it's gonna bloody hurt me doesn't mean I won't do stuff for my baby.

huge hugs to u hun that was insensitive of ur mw

Oh no - She should know better :hugs:

Do you mind me asking about your disability? I may have missed a post about your condition? x x

I have Reflex sympathetic dystrophy wobbles, it's a freaky kind of nerve damage that makes no sense. If you'd like, PM me with your email address and I'll send you some info on it.

I just had a quick looksie on Google so I could understand.

One of my ex's brothers gfs was in a wheel chair I know she had less use of one of her hands too. Cannot remember the whole story on her condition tbh but she coped with her lil one fine with no help not even for herself (in house wise) so its a bit shocking they jump to such a comment/sugegstion - they must know it could offend. (Hopefully worded that right).

x

it just gets to me that people can jump to such conclusions, you know?

Think I understand Mynxie :hugs:

How did she react to your response? Are you uncomfortable with your MW now?

x

she just nodded in the right places, lol

she was lovely apart from that comment to be honest, just one of those things that have slowly grinded on me, you know?

Well hopefully she realised how strongly against her comment you were.

:hugs: x

Well if that fails give her a slap

:rofl:

lol

don't you think that might cause problems wobbles? rofl hehehehe

Perhaps she just worded what she meant to say clumsly (sp??). Still doesn't excuse it but some people don't think before they speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->