bit upset about weight gain....

Brookey

Reaction score
So as the title says im a little annoyed about how much weight ive gained. When i fell pregnant i was around 8.5 stone. I have put on 28 pounds since then so am on my way to 11 stone now!

I have really tried to eat healthy and stay active during this pregnancy but have still piled on the pounds. my midwife told me to watch my weight for the last 5 weeks as i have put on a bit too much (personally i found this a bit of a cheek considering she is extremely overweight!)

Has anyone else put on this much?x

I think that it's rotten for anyone to tell you about weight gain being inappropriate etc - I can sympathise because I was 9 stone with a beautiful bikini bod and I'm now almost 12 stone at only 27 weeks so don't feel too bad as unhelpful as that sounds I think you're doing pretty good, don't be hard on urself, it will all fall off afterwards - try to think of this as a temp thing and it will pass. U will feel hot again! I really do sympathise cause I feel like a cottage cheese looking mess! Xx

Don't get upset, I am only 29 weeks and already gained 2 stone!

I feel so big but I have always been on of these people that gain weight easily so I kinda expected it.

Can't believe your midwife said to watch what you eat, I was already over weight before I got pregnant and my midwife hasn't said a thing!

I do worry though as I am still slowly gaining weight so think I might have gained nearly 3 stone by the time I give birth.....I have one big diet planned after baby comes!

With my first i put on 4 stone. :(

With this one i've gained only 1 stone 3lbs.

Every pregnancy is different. To be honest though chick if you're eating healthily and you're active, once you've had your baby you should lose the weight with very little trouble.

I lost the 4 stone i gained with my first in just over 8 months doing weight watchers......and i couldn't exercise due to spinal trouble. xx

I really wouldn't worry! People over analyse weight gain in pregnancy and worry unnecessarily. I put on 3 stone with my little boy and lost it all in 9 months.

With this pregnancy so far I have gained about 25lbs. I have been very active though I do allow myself "treats". I am several weeks behind you too!

So, ignore your MW. Enjoy your pregnancy.x

if it's any consolation....when i was 21 weeks the consultant (who i have since refused to see in future) she said I need to lose weight NOW...... I was like, hang on....i'm pregnant, i'm going to gain weight throughout my pregnancy how the hell am i expected to lose weight with a growing baby?!

she said oh well you can exercise.....you can walk or swim....... so i kindly pointed out if she actually 'read' my notes she would see that i was 1 year post op from major spinal surgery after having titanium implants put into my spine and i am not actually allowed to exercise........ I'd like to point out that this consultant was no size 10 either!

lucky i didn't knock her out! xx

I've put on about 28 pounds so far as well. I've also have been trying to eat healthy and exercise but the weight still piled on. My doctor said it was nothing to be concerned about. Some people just gain more. They say that in the last month you really don't put on much weight as there is less room for food to fit; Some women actually loose a little bit in the end. I'm looking forward to the scale not going up much more!

I've put on just under 3 stones so far and that is pretty much par for the course for my other pregnancies as well - for both of those the weight came off again in the first year without trying, so I'm hoping the same kind of thing might happen again. Try not to worry too much, although it's easier said than done when you feel upset about it (I had a massive crying fit a couple of days ago wailing at my husband 'I'm never going to fit into normal clothes AGAIN', if that's any help :blush: I read this great article by a professional world class athlete and a nutritionist who put on insane amounts of weight in pregnancy - they reckoned that some people just do and that's the way it is - they both lost it all again, incidentally. If i can find it again I'll post the link - made me feel much better! :flower:

If you start out at 8.5 stone then 2 stone weight gain is not too much at all. I think your midwife is talking b*ll*cks! The day I had my daughter 1 stone came off instantly (baby+amniotic fluid+placenta) and another stone came off in the following week (water retention). Eat sensibly by all means with the occassional treat when you really fancy it but don't let this get you down and ruin your last few weeks of pregnancy.

Lxxx

here's a very reassuring article about weight gain in pregnancy! My midwife has 29-odd years of experience and is totally not bothered about my 3 stones, by the way... xx

https://www.pregnancy.org/question/weight-gain-and-muscle-mass-during-pregnancy

I totally understand, hun. I have been depressed all week since seeing recent photos of myself.

I don't think 2 stone is excessive weight gain :shrug: especially seeing as you were slim to begin with.
The weight gain can't be totally controlled anyway, some people put on lots of weight, some people put on hardly any. Just like every bump is different, every weight gain is different.

I finally got a bit of energy, they said 2nd tri you be full of beans but it seems to be 3rd tri for me, just finished paintint my hall,stairway and landing, going to do my nursery tomorrow, I'm dying to see it finished

With my first baby, I was 9 stone at the start and 11.5 stone at the end.

A gain of 2 or 2.5 stone is not a lot at all!!! I think it sound like perfect gain for you.

My midwife was always concerned as my bump was so tiny, whereas yours is saying you have put on too much weight!! Nonsense!

I was back to my pre-preg weight within a month or so of having Anna, and you will be there no doubt even quicker!

You are doing great!:flower:

thank you so much ladies I feel a lot better now, i think i was just a bit annoyed at how she tried to make me feel bad about it, she even said "instead of snacking on chocolate, why dont you try snacking on a carrott stick"! i told her politely that I dont make a habit of snacking on chocolate and I get my 5 a day every day......which is more than can be said for her! haha my hormones are going crazy at the mo which doesnt help.......oh well il just go a stuff my face with chocolate!xx

I havent weighed myself for mths now, its not something you should be worrying about hun you have much more to deal with being pregnant and growing a healthy baby, try not to let her get to you so long as your not obese chill (which you clearly arent)((hugs)) x

yeah dont worry I have calculated I will have 23kg to lose. It'll happen. Look at Tracy Andersson (google her) she gained 60 pounds when preggers look at her now. :)

hard work after and we'll be super fit. :)

hmmm.....

Im 14 stone and with my last son i was 16stone. It doesn't matter hun....the weight will fall off eventually. As long as you are happy and healthy within yourself, thats all that counts xxx

I had put on slightly more than that at 27 week appointment and my BMI was 25 to start with. Midwife isn't concerned though?

x

So as the title says im a little annoyed about how much weight ive gained. When i fell pregnant i was around 8.5 stone. I have put on 28 pounds since then so am on my way to 11 stone now!

I have really tried to eat healthy and stay active during this pregnancy but have still piled on the pounds. my midwife told me to watch my weight for the last 5 weeks as i have put on a bit too much (personally i found this a bit of a cheek considering she is extremely overweight!)

Has anyone else put on this much?x

ME! I weighed 8 stone 3 pre-pregnancy and now I weigh 10 stone 12. Gulp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->