"Biting" one boob?

GersPrincess

Mummy of 3, soon to be 4!
Reaction score
Hey,

was just wondering whether anyone else has a baby who has randomly taken a preference for biting one boob?

For the last couple of nights, Emily has been clamping down really hard on my left nipple, then not only does she not let go, but she pulls her head away and literally stretches the poor thing fairly far - then just smiles at me!! :wacko::wacko:

It's always my left boob, and always at night. She doesnt have teeth yet, but it still blooming hurts!

Anyone else had this problem or know a way around it?? Thanks xxx

Ouchies, it'll bring a tear to your eye when she has teeth believe me! Babies can only bite you when they are not actually "feeding". When she actively feeds she will have her tongue between her gums and your nipple, and hence will not bite you. From my experience the best course of action is to completely ignore it. Don't look at her, smile, laugh or wince if you can help it. I would unlatch her and maybe try offering the other breast, as it may be that she's had her fill from that side and that is why she's "messing about". If she then starts doing the same on the other side I would take it as a sign she's full and stop trying to feed her.

Good luck trying not to react, it's hard!

Thank you! I'll try that tonight and see if I can do it. Fingers crossed I'll be able to knock it on the head soon, as I dont want to put her on a bottle if I can help it xx

Yeah Theakston does it if he has gas, needs a poo, or wants the other boob.

mine has started doing that! I don't think he is biting, more that he wants to have a look around and thinks he can take the nipple with him!

OMG hannah :rofl: ive just written a thread about mason biting me LOL how randum...bloody hurts eh, wee beggers lol :hugs:

snap harrison does the same and thinks its funny when i yelp, no idea what to suggest but ur not on ur own

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"