Biting?

KX

Reaction score
Yesterday Rebecca was touching something she wasn't supposed to, so my mum went to move her away, but madam turned round and lunged her teeth into my mums arm! Mum let out a loud screech and becks had broke the skin and bruised her!:dohh: we repremanded her by putting her in her buggy and telling her off, HOWEVER,

Dale picked her up at the nursery today and was told by her keyworker that she wanted a toy off a little boy in her class but he wouldn't give her it so she hit him and when that didnt work she bit his arm!:blush:

My god I think she is at the terrible two's! She is at a stage just now where she hits or bites if she doesn't get her own way-a little madam. we have tried telling her thats naughty, putting her in her buggy etc but its getting bad. I dont want her thrown out the nursery for being a bully!

Anyone elses LO been through this or has any other advice?

I might just bite her back one of these days!:rofl: My little Terrier!

My sis did this and lala has done it also

My mum bit my sis back, so did i! she stopped

Maddie i tapped her fingers as she bit 3 times in a row, she now knows YES bite the teether and not daddys arm, face or nose!!

xxx

i dont think there is much you can do at such a young age as i dont think they understand.
i dont think doing it back helps, Dior went through a smacking stage i smaked her back so she done it more thinking it was ok.

i used to go kick boxing and what my 2 to learn it as soon as they are old anough. i have taught Dior a few thing:blush: what a big stupid mistake she is well to young to understand when she can and cannot do it:blush:

best thing to do is to be very very upset when she does it. i pretend to cry and Dior feels soooo bad and cuddles me.

once they are over 2.5 i would then try the nauhty corner step etc. if they are like Dior and wont stay there then strap them down. i will use the high chair

I take it boys are much easier to look after? None of my mates have these probs with their boys!:dohh:

My boy is an angel - he wouldnt hurt a fly bless his big soft heart. he just sits there while Dior picks on him, then he will look at me and drop his lip :(

I do the same as Dionne. Seren has been a biter for a while now - hate teething as I know I am going to be chewed on. She just laughed when I told her off, and I once had to go upstairs as I was so angry I wanted to smack her but manged to cool off. Now I say no, that hurts mummy and she tries to give me a kiss. She is doing it less and less now, I think its just a stage she went through.

Bite back.

I bit 2 of mine back and needless to say it stopped. My third is still to young but give it a year and im sure it will happen lol. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

I personally wouldn't bite back as it gives the child the idea that if mummy bites it must be okay to bite.

I have the same problem with Ella, but she smacks, She smacked my mum yesterday when she was asking her for a kiss, my mum had to turn away coz she couldnt help but laugh lol I usually just say no to her in a firm voice and say dont smack thats naughty, but it doesnt work lol, she gets really angry and carries on. Iv tried sitting her on the stairs but she's too young to understand. so I have no solution :-(

Bite back.

I bit 2 of mine back and needless to say it stopped. My third is still to young but give it a year and im sure it will happen lol. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

what age were they when you bit them?

Dale asked at the nursery this morning when she hits or bites to put her in a buggy for 5 mins for time out but they said they aren't allowed to do that!:dohh:

Well thats how I repremand her at home!:wacko:

PS She bit my leg last night and it was f*cking agony!I have nice teeth marks on my knee!:hissy:

Mum still has the bruise on her arm!:rofl:

Seren has been in a bitey mood today, sadly during feeding at one point. She has some new teeth coming through, wish she didn't use me as a teething ring

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->