Bizarre - Name Regret

Zuki

Reaction score
I reeeeally wanted a girl, like it was all I could think about, and I was terrified when we went in for the gender scan, only to have a nice surprise and not freak when I found out we're having a boy.

I've managed to stumble onto the "sad for the daughter I'm not having, but excited for the son I am having" path without meaning to and so grateful for that.

But for the last couple of weeks I've been struggling because I had a girls name that I absolutely adored and now I'm not going to get to use it! I know it sounds ridiculous, please don't laugh!

DH is up for having a second so I know we may well have another chance for a girl down the line, but this is really bothering me. Anyone know what I mean?!

Happened to me, had a girls named picked out for years. I've got two boys now and turns out I hate the name I originally had picked :haha: I've got a stunning girls name now and the name meaning ( three names hyphenated 1st name plus middle ) is Red Rose protected by god. So I truly hope this bub is a girl so I can use it :)
I do know how you feel though x

Yes! Our first is a boy, and while I didn't have gender disappointment I had definitely had name disappointment! I LOVE my sons name but I have had a favourite girls name for so long and was really sad I didn't get to use it. Then we had a girl and we didn't use it then either :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:. At the time we opted against it as it's very common and we didn't want that, but now I wish we'd used it :dohh:

Yea I know what you mean! We picked out Eliza if this pregnancy was a girl, and I'm in a small FB group of mums and there's a new girl whos pregnant with her girl and has chosen the same name! I don't feel sad that we're having another boy, but I do feel sad I'll not get to use that name we both love! As you say, maybe in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->