Blaaah. Update kinda!

princess_x0

Reaction score
Sorry, I should update my previous thread but I have no idea how to edit the title :blush::dohh:
Right ok, so I bought a pack of two cheapie tests from poundland today. And I tested in college and now I'm mega confused..
They came up all mushed and pink, then two lines appeared, the line wasn't as dark as the control line, but it was there. But 5 minutes later it dissapeared?
So what does this mean? Was it a positive or a negative coz it looked like both..

It could have been an evap. I would wait until tomorrow or a couple of days from now and test again. The tests may also be a bit shoddy so you may want to try a different type of test. Good Luck!

Thankyou for replying :D
Yeah I bought a different test, I was going to test tomorrow, but I think I will wait a week.
And thankyou :D
Lots of babydust for you too! Hope you get your :bfp: soon! xxx

It sounds like you read the result before the test was complete? As the dye moves across the strip it can linger over the test line area and then continue to move along as normal displaying the result. This is because there is a dent, or a line of antibodies over the test area where the dye can gather before spreading out across the test...

Is it possible you took the test wrong? Or undersaturated it? (Then it would like something like this - https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/under.jpg - basically there is not enough pee to carry the dye all the way across the test, or it takes a very long time to get there...) Did you pee directly on the stick, because poundland ones are dip tests aren't they and you can't pee on them without it making the dye go all smudgy (as I discovered when I did one in my school toilets once...) lol

Just throwing a few ideas out there... If the lines disapeared before the time that you should have read the tests in, or didn't come up until the time limit was over, then I would try not to read too much into it and just test again when you get the chance.

PS: To change the name of a thread, double click around the title of the thread on the main forum section (where you click it to go onto that page) if that makes sense? Generally if you click between the name of the thread and the page numbers then you will hit the right spot lol. I hope this helps xx

I always wondered how to change the name of a thread :) thanks tasha.

Princess_x0 I say test again and don't look at it until it's the right time to xx

I always wondered how to change the name of a thread :) thanks tasha.

Princess_x0 I say test again and don't look at it until it's the right time to xx

It posted twice :dohh: I blame my stupid internet, can never tell what it's doing.

It posted twice :dohh: I blame my stupid internet, can never tell what it's doing.

That's odd - usually bnb will tell you if you a post is a duplicate of one you have already made, and won't usually let you post again until 30 seconds after you have posted... Odd!

It sounds like you read the result before the test was complete? As the dye moves across the strip it can linger over the test line area and then continue to move along as normal displaying the result. This is because there is a dent, or a line of antibodies over the test area where the dye can gather before spreading out across the test...

Is it possible you took the test wrong? Or undersaturated it? (Then it would like something like this - https://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/tasha-cat-mad/under.jpg - basically there is not enough pee to carry the dye all the way across the test, or it takes a very long time to get there...) Did you pee directly on the stick, because poundland ones are dip tests aren't they and you can't pee on them without it making the dye go all smudgy (as I discovered when I did one in my school toilets once...) lol

Just throwing a few ideas out there... If the lines disapeared before the time that you should have read the tests in, or didn't come up until the time limit was over, then I would try not to read too much into it and just test again when you get the chance.

PS: To change the name of a thread, double click around the title of the thread on the main forum section (where you click it to go onto that page) if that makes sense? Generally if you click between the name of the thread and the page numbers then you will hit the right spot lol. I hope this helps xx

Hey tasha :)
I think I may have read the test before it was complete. Yeah it was a dippy test, I made sure I left it in there for atleast 5 seconds, and yeah I'm thinking it was an evap. As I did another test friday and nothing showed up, this was a 'Predictor' test from wilkos, but Idk if they are as sensitive. I'm still 'feeling pregnant' so I'm not totally convinced about the negs. Just guna see how it goes and if I still feel like this next month (will have had implant out a few weeks by then) I will go to the docs lol. I think I've just lost my marbles really..

And thankyou for telling me how to do it now lol :p xxx

Hey tasha :)
I think I may have read the test before it was complete. Yeah it was a dippy test, I made sure I left it in there for atleast 5 seconds, and yeah I'm thinking it was an evap. As I did another test friday and nothing showed up, this was a 'Predictor' test from wilkos, but Idk if they are as sensitive. I'm still 'feeling pregnant' so I'm not totally convinced about the negs. Just guna see how it goes and if I still feel like this next month (will have had implant out a few weeks by then) I will go to the docs lol. I think I've just lost my marbles really..

And thankyou for telling me how to do it now lol :p xxx

lol No worries, I'm an expert by now - and an official addict - I should start a POAS-annonymous club or something! :lol:

Lol, i think that'd turn into a very large club tasha!

Princess_x0- when are you gonna test again? xx

Erm Idk.
I read the implant side effects can be alot like pregnancy symptoms. Grr wish the lady had told me this BEFORE she stuck it in my arm!
I'll see how I feel in a few weeks. Should be getting implant out tuesday *fingers crossed* xx

Fair enough, i hope you find out which it is soon. I must say the more i hear about the implant the less i like the sound of it xx

I wish I knew all this before I went on it. My mum wanted me to get the depo injection but I thought I was right and she was wrong.
Sticking to the pill me thinks :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->