Black fly allergies...help!!!

Dee_H

Mama to Rian + Bump
Reaction score
Rian has gotten some black fly bites ands has swelled up big time. She also has a runny nose/ itchy eyes/ hives/terrible cough. I have used Benadryl the last few nights...not during the day..only at night. How long is too long to use it for? Her cough is really bad and she has a hard time breathing. Has anyone had any experience with fly bite allergies?

if shes having a hard time breathing and has reacted badly id taker her to er or the doctor asap she might need something stronger

She has a doc appt tomorrow at 11:30 but I'm worried about another hard night of coughs and allergic reactions..my poor Boo!!

Also..it seems to be worse at night. At first I thought it might have something to do with her linens or bedroom. I did an overhaul and cleaned and sanitized everything..it didn't help.

hmmm lyssa was like that and has been diagnosed with suspected asthma and put on a steroid inhaler,
i'd def mention to your doc x

When I pick her up after work..I will see how she was today..if she is still having a hard time, I will take her to ER..thanks girls! Does it sound like it is a black fly allergy or could it be in conjunction with something else?

if it all came on with the bites i'd say allergy, but if its been going on a while it could be something more underlying x

I have had such a healthy baby...barely a runny nose up to this point. I hope it is nothing too severe or something like asthma!!

well from what you've said i'd side with the allegies so fingers crossed! im not a doctor lmao so could be waaay off the mark x

Could she be allergic to something else like pollen ?
Black flies and the trees pollenating are around the sametime.
I haven't heard of someone getting a runny nose or breathing problems from black fly bite ( not to say it doesn't happen)
I would take her to the ER, breathing problems can turn very scarey, very fast.
I am really allergic to blackflys ( go figure, I live in Northern Ontario) but all I ever do is swell up..

My mom said yesterday she seemed fine up until they went outside and the nose started and she was wheezy..I'm thinking it may be pollen now too...Appt with doc today at 11:30....I here you future-numan...I live in Nova Scotia and we have a 200 ft pond in our backyard and are surrounded by woods..lovely breeding ground for flies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->