• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Black tights....outfit help please!

WanaBaba

Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:
It is OHs pass out parade tomorrow and i have my outfit sorted, a blue dress with a black blazer jacket and black tights and black shoes. Does this sound ok?
BUT i am totally not clued up when it comes to fashion. So i have 3 different pairs of black tights and don't know which to wear? Thick, thin or shiny? lol. And are shiny black tights even 'in'? Ive never seen them before and picked them up by accident lol.
Please help! Thankyou xx

This is the dress, which annoyingly went to half price the day after i bought it!! lol.

https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wc...&sku=7401785&gclid=COiTm9mojLoCFQTHtAodUgoA1Q

Does the dress look ok for the occasion? Looking at it there is seems a little too casual! But i don't think it looks too casual when i try it on?!

It's beautiful and I definitely wouldn't say too casual.

Personally, I'd go with a higher denier, something like 30-50. I prefer thicker tights and often think that thinner ones look a bit 'older woman'. Thick black tights are very 'in'.

I would say thick black tights to. The dress is lovely

I agree the dress is lovely and I'd go for thick tights x

Thin black tights for an occasion I'd say. Definitely not shiny or woolly; latter are okay for day time casual, former never okay! If you go for thick tights make sure they're matte. Outfit sounds nice!

I'd go for thicker tights its bloody freezing!
Outfit sounds lovely, enjoy and well done to your OH :D x

That's a lovely dress, congrats to your DH as well it is such an amazing day! I wore very similar a short dress with blazer and heals although I didn't wear tights as it was spring but I would definitely wear black tights with that dress and like the other girls would go for a thicker block black (not wooly!) as opposed to the thinner shiny ones.

Have an amazing day :)

Thankyou ladies! Noo I def am not considering wearing wooly tights! Haha! Ok I'm gonna go for the thicker ones :) They're 80 denier appearance? They're actually made of lycra (but they're not shiny?) as they're these waist cincher ones I picked up to try! They're the only thick ones I have as other pairs are thin and others are shiny! Lol.

I'm really looking forward to it and so proud of my husband! I'm sooo dreading the cold though haha I hope it doesn't rain!

Thankyou ladies! Noo I def am not considering wearing wooly tights! Haha! Ok I'm gonna go for the thicker ones :) They're 80 denier appearance? They're actually made of lycra (but they're not shiny?) as they're these waist cincher ones I picked up to try! They're the only thick ones I have as other pairs are thin and others are shiny! Lol.

I'm really looking forward to it and so proud of my husband! I'm sooo dreading the cold though haha I hope it doesn't rain!

They sound good to me. My fingers are crossed for you for the weather, you'll have a fab day regardless :)

They sound good to me. My fingers are crossed for you for the weather, you'll have a fab day regardless :)

Thankyou Hun :flower:
I can't believe it's been six months since I was talking to you about him first starting basic training! It's flown over!

Thankyou Hun :flower:
I can't believe it's been six months since I was talking to you about him first starting basic training! It's flown over!

You'll all be reunited soon :D

Well today went great and I was sooo glad I'd worn thick tights it was bloody freezing! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"