Bleach

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by nikkibr, Dec 24, 2009.

  1. nikkibr

    nikkibr Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2009
    Messages:
    525
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi girls, my mum told me to clean all my bathrooms with bleach today, so (i havnt really used bleach before just normal cleaning products) and i didnt really know what to do - so i have been pouring bleach all over the sinks and shower and bath. i left it on there for about half an hour then went to clean it off - i was prob cleaning for about half an hour too - my house is only small and the smell of bleach is SO strong! im so stupid and after i had done it i was really worried that i shouldnt have been leaning over and breathing in bleach for so long - i think i actually used about 2/3 of the bottle. am i being silly to think that i might have done something bad to my baby? becuase if im breathing it in surely she is too?? i have the door to outside open now to let some fresh air in and have shut the bathroom doors?
    xx
     
  2. chatts

    chatts Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2009
    Messages:
    369
    Likes Received:
    0
    I wouldn't panic - it's not advisible to breathe these things in any time but I think it's coz it's bad for your lungs. I always clean the toilets with bleach. You're getting loads of fresh air now so I'd relax - I assume you usually feel your bubba kick now? Felt her?
     
  3. nikkibr

    nikkibr Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2009
    Messages:
    525
    Likes Received:
    0
    hey thanks for the reply - yeah i think i can feel her a bit so im trying not to worry too much!! u know us mums we worry about everything!! xx
     
  4. Minstermind

    Minstermind Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2009
    Messages:
    2,323
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm sure you'll be fine. I forgot with my first and used various cleaning products a few times and things were fine, but as they say, it's really not healthy to breathe in those things at any time in your life. I actually used to use bleach regularly and something happened over time to where now, if I use it and smell it more than just a faint whiff while I clean the toilets, then I actually get SICK from it! As in, I instantly get a sore throat and sinus problems. I don't know what I did to myself but it's almost like I'm allergic to bleach now.

    Anyway, if you do use bleach, it's actually better to dilute it with some water in a spray bottle, so you're not whacking down loads of it at a time.

    But as I don't use bleach much anymore except around the toilets, I find it just as effective to use a half vinegar-half water solution in a spray bottle. Completely non toxic and is just as effective at killing the germs, and I like the idea of having non-toxic cleaning products in the house anyway :)
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice