Bleed after pap smear..

Meiko

Reaction score
I had my 13 week appointment today, got to see little nugget who is actually measuring ahead :thumbup: It was precious!

My midwife was going through my history and saw that I was due for a pap smear so I agreed. It was super uncomfortable, those thing are so annoying! She told me instantly that my cervix looked great but that pap smear was making it bleed. She told me to expect some spotting today but I didn't think it would be like a light period! Everything has settled down now but it sure did scared the heck out of me!

Anyone else experience similar? I'm so happy I don't have to go through that any time soon again.

Anytime someone goes in and messes with the cervix you will possibly bleed. If your midwife does weekly dilation checks in your 3rd trimester it is more of the same. I lucked out and rarely bled after cervical checks up until the week before I delivered.

Normal. It is just irritation and should be gone in a day or two. Avoid sex and any insertion until it's gone, and it will heal right up. :)

Same thing happened to me with my first pregnancy ..lasted about a day I was around 13 weeks as well !

Thanks ladies, that's relieving I figured it was ok. Ended up getting really irritated and realized my midwife used latex gloves and I am seriously allergic to latex.. It got missed on my paper work and I didn't even think to have to remind her. Hopefully my next appointment is smoother :)

Happened to me.... I went in for my 8 week appointment and they did a full exam including a pap and I spotted on and off for 3-4 days. First day was blood and ended by the end of the day. The rest was just brown. I was told the blood vessels in your cervix get super sensitive during pregnancy and that spotting was normal, but I was convinced something was wrong because I also had a pinching sensation in my vagina... It made it feel better when I got to hear the heart beat at the next appointment and everything was healthy and within normal range.... There is nothing like seeing any kind of spotting to give you a shot of adrenaline. (FYI, I am now 20 weeks pregnant and baby is still strong--kicking in fact, so do not worry)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->