Bleed seen on Ultrasound

Bumblbee

Reaction score
I am not sure if this pic will come out, but if it does, I had a ultrasound at 8 weeks 1 day, baby measures 8 weeks 6 days and i saw a healthy heart beat, but they see a bleed, i havnt started bleeding, but my cervix feels lower still soft but open. I am so freaked out. Does any one have any experience with something like this, that had a normal pregnancy.

If you would like to see the scan foto ill send you the link.

Thank you :cry:

Bumblbee, did they call it a subchorionic hematoma? It sounds like one. I have one too, I had a little bit of spotting for a week and it's nearly gone now.

i had a scan last week 8+5 and he saw a bleed or liquid and told me not to stress if I would start bleeding a little. Everything looked great and baby measured 6 days ahead but I decided to stick to my old date since I used opk :)

I havent seen any blood and hope I wont I know I would stress but I just got my doppler so that would calm me down :) love hearing that heartbeat :)

Hi tubs, yes that is what they called it, but in the government hospitals here, they tend to get very vocal, like you are going to have a miscarriage, seriously who says that to a pregnant woman. I am a wreck, the bleed isn't that big and i haven't started bleeding at all, it measures, 1.2 cm by 6.9mm, i have had 2 kids and a chemical pregnancy in 2012, there is no reason for me to think that i am not able to carry a baby to term, i am only 30.

Hi Ruz, I also used a opk, and actively tried for this baby, so I know how far along I am, so if the scan shows baby is bigger, even with the bleed, I take it as a good sign.

I just think some Dr's, especially the ones here should rather go work in a vet, than with pregnant, hormonal woman.

Thank you for the advise ladies, it really helps

Id say you you will be fine. Sounds like the one I had. My doc said he sees them all the time and it's nothing to worry about. He said I may have a little bleed or it will reabsorb itself. I had a tiny bit of spotting and it practically disappeared.
I did my research on this. The research says that the outcome is usually good if the hematoma is small and if the baby looks healthy ie good heartbeat, normal growth etc.

Subchronic hematomas are very common. I have one, and my doctor barely mentioned it. They can be dangerous if they are very large, but yours is small and they pretty much always resolve themselves within a few weeks. The suggestion is to take things easy, no strenuous activity and avoid sex for a few weeks. Try not to stress! It's always something with pregnancy isn't it? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"