Bleeding after a D&C?

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by beachlover1, Aug 20, 2009.

1. beachlover1

beachlover1 Pregnant and mummy of one

OK, I had a D&C yesterday. I bled a bit once they had given my the pessary tablets before hand then I went to theatre, came back, bled a bit more over night (not alot though) and now today since lunchtime I havent even needed a pad!

Is this normal to not bleed hardly at all? I have occasional period aches (not pains) and thats about it really. To be honest I physically feel like it was never done yesterday other than that I am EXCEPTIONALLY hormonal and cry at everything...one big hormone crash!!!:wacko:

Should I expect a second "wave" of bleeding or what?

any ideas? x:cry:

2. lauraperrysan

lauraperrysan Mummy of 2!! :)

I think this can be quite normal esp if they managed to get most of the tissue out in the op :(
    I have had a d&c a few years ago and stopped bleeding very quickly, about 12 hours after no blood.
    Sorry for your loss xxx

3. Amos2009

Amos2009 Well-Known Member

I barely had any bleeding as well. Maybe for one day after, and even then it wasn't very much. How far along were you?

4. beachlover1

Sorry you had the same thing too! Its pretty hard going isnt it?

Going from LMP I was 10 weeks BUT the scans always put me 3 weeks behind, so about 6+5. Thats how i always knew it was going to fail...I was dead certain of my dates.

How long til your AF reappeared? ...and how long til you started trying again? xx

5. Amos2009

I was 11 weeks 4 days and the baby only measured 8+4 with no heartbeat :(

I just had my D&C on July 23 and have not had an AF yet...my husband works out of town so we only get to see each other every 2 weeks. This past weekend was our first time to be together since being cleared by the doctor, so of course it was ON! We are not actively trying, but we are definitely not preventing. I have found it easier so far to just not talk about trying for a baby- he has enough stress on him that I am worried he would not want to. BUT- we are not using protection, so surely he can figure out that I could possibly get pregnant :)

Are you going to start trying again soon?

6. beachlover1

Yeah I think we will start again in a few weeks from now. Ill give everything sometime to build up again and then get going. Like you I wont be mentioning "trying" we will just see how it goes, and our men just seem to LOVE the no protection thing dont they!!. This last time was the first month of non protected sex, we only got married in June...and I caught first try! We were a little shocked to say the least, but now I have been pregnant...i want to be again so badly!! Good luck to you x

7. Amos2009

You sound a lot like me. I had an IUD taken out April 23- had my first AF April 30, got pregnant on the first try! I was very shocked and surprised since I am 36. I figured it would take forever, if it even happened. We were supposed to get married in October, but once I got pregnant, we moved it back to July 4th, so we are also newlyweds :)
    Right after I lost the baby, my DH mentioned maybe I should go back on the pill. Well, he knew from my non-response that that WAS NOT happenin'
    That's why I figured I just won't bring it up- he was happy when I got pregnant so why wouldn't he be this time right?!

8. beachlover1

You got married the week after us!! Hee hee, they love the practice but get scared at the consequences! My thoughts are at our age we need to get cracking at baby making! ;-) Like you said...dont mention it, I think the more you talk about it, the more stress there is, and the less likely it is to happen! To be honest once it happens they are over the moon. After I went on the pill it took me 3 years to get my periods back so im not playing that game again!!

9. Amos2009

You know how men are...we have to lead them around on little leashes sometimes :hugs:

10. beachlover1

:thumbup:

Let me know how you get on! lets cross our fingers for a BFP as soon as we can and a "sticky bean" to follow! We dont want this again!:hugs:

11. XxXBubsXxX

XxXBubsXxX 1 Littl'en but want 2!!!!

Ok.... had a d and c on 13th June 2005 for a mmc, was 13 weeks and fetus showed 8 with no heartbeat. Bled for 3 days, quite light and no pain. Returned to the doc on 1st aug 2005 as periods not started again after the d and c and i was so paranoid that a surgical tool had been left in me (i watch to much tv)!!! Well.... i was 5 weeks preg. I now have a 3 1/2 year old! Remember that you are super fertile after a loss or birth so get them OPK sticks and PMA!!!! Good luck! x

12. Amos2009

Wow...I love stories like yours Bubs!! Thanks for the PMA!!
    Ok Beachlover- keep me updated as well. Hope your recovery is quick and smooth :hugs:

13. beachlover1

When can you start using the OPK sticks/ I have a clearblue Fertility monitor...wont they be messed up for a fair while?? what with hormones racing all over