Bleeding after birth when breastfeeding??

pinkbow

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
When does it stop??lol

tmi here but....well its weird for me as i was super heavy the first 5dyas after mason was born but after that its pretty much stopped...only when i feed or just after i get (sorry tmi )a flow going on then again nothing!

will this always be as im breastfeeding? i wont have AFs just randum spurts of bleeding?! arg its horrible 1 min im fine next bleeding :shrug:

TIA xx:flower:

*bump*

& :hi: Rach!

Id like to know this too!!!
I was down to just a funky discharge for a few days, and today Ive started spotting again!
It HAS been 4 weeks and I know I COULD get AF around now, but wtf, no thanks!!
So I was wondering the same thing: how often does it come and go for?

:shrug::shrug:

Yes hun, this is perfectly normal. When you bf soon after birth, it causes the uterus to contract. This helps it to reduce down to a normal size. For a few weeks afterwards, this can also cause the uterus to expel blood at the same time. It is still sorting itself out after pregnancy. This is the main reason that bf mums trim down so much quicker in the abdominal area post nataly!

Hey windbloom!!...hows u and hayden doing?

and thanks Kat im sooo glad im not the only 1 here! i kno its only been 11days but i was like ive stopped bleeding, woo...then nope theres some more :rofl:

my stomach is pretty much flat now...just needs a bit toning but i did wonder if it was the BF doing wonders :):)

I was the same hun, bleeding all about stopped except when I expressed (bubs was in NICU for first 2 weeks) then BF like Kat has mentioned BF makes the uterus contract more back to its original size it should last no more than 4-6 weeks mine settled after about 2 but I know others who took longer x x

i was wondering this too. Cameron is 22 days old now and i'm still bleeding a little bit, well its more like watery bleedy discharge stuff. i wish it would go away!!

yes this happened to me too, i think i bled for about 4 to 6 weeks post birth

yeh mine is pretty much none existant just randum watery bloody dischargy stuff 2 teeny but only seems to be in the evening aswell .... its weird but annoying as u begin to think is over...:grr: lol...well least BF is doing the LOs good lol

I bled for just over 6 weeks, and I was bf (expressing first 3 weeks) and I have a c-section, so was told I would stop earlier but didn't turn out that way!

my eldest was a natural delivery and i bled for 8 weeks but only bf for 3. with the twins i had a csection and am still bfing, i bled for less than 5 weeks and nothing since. i did have the odd occasion too when id have a few days of nothing then the next day just some watery blood like you said

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->