bleeding after c section

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by wishing4ababy, Apr 16, 2009.

1. wishing4ababy

wishing4ababy mummy of 3 gorgeous LO's!

when should this stop girls? i know this is my 3rd but i seriously can't remember!! :dohh: my pad was dry and clean all day today but then tonight after feeding (bf) lo i felt myself start bleeding again....after that there was nothing again but have just felt some again??? is this normal??

2. Michy

Michy Mum and Preggo

I bled for around 6 weeks, but the last 2 weeks it did stop and start.

3. nataliecn

nataliecn Mommy to Grady and WTT!

My bleeding has been weird too! Not last night, but the night before, I put a new pad on before bed, around 9pm, and had no bleeding til noon the next day... where it felt like a gush almost!
    It's on and off all the time, and everytime it stops I get all excited, and then BOOM it's back again!

4. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

i bled for about 3-4 weeks hun xx

5. lolly101

lolly101 Well-Known Member

I bled for about 5 weeks then had a few days with nothing then I got:witch::cry:

6. clairebear

clairebear Mummy to 2 handsome boys.

About 6 weeks but i think it was on and off for the last week x

7. Sharon K

Sharon K Member

Hi ya. I bled on and off for a couple of weeks but feeding can make you bleed as well - I panicked and health visitor said it was very normal! x

8. wishing4ababy

thanks ladies.....i was the same...nothing through the night and nothing all day today. i guess it will come back at some point then.....:cry:

9. lissaloo

lissaloo Well-Known Member

hi i've had 2 sections i had the same thing stopped then started i got told to slow down and stop trying to rule the world lol !! i beed for 6 weeks with both ..

you might be over doing things a bit x

10. wishing4ababy

that is pretty much what oh has said to me tonight! I went out shopping this morning.....and i started bleeding again tonight. so tomorrow doing nothing - apart from chilling and watching oh do a bbq!!!

11. Shifter

Shifter Guest

I've been going pad-less most of the time for a few days now. I still get a bit of a "let down" bleed, i.e. when I feed Jack. This is normal, BFing releases hormones that make your uterus contract and therefore bleed a little.

12. krissie1234uk

Im just starting to stop bleeding now. Don't think its normal though, they keep prescribing me antibiotics just in case I have an infection. It has slowed down before and then got heavy again though. I think as long as there are no big clots everything should be fine.

13. monmom

monmom Member

I had a c section 3 weeks ago , aroun the 12th day it was almost gone (the brownish-pink discharche) and day 13 started red spoting again for becoming red flow again... yesterday i had a couple of clots too... I was worried, have been resting all weekend and it seems to be less now...
    is this normal?