Bleeding after DTD

Sweetpea1010

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! So, as you can see from my ticker I am a little over 5 weeks pregnant. I'm terrified of having sex. I haven't since my BFP, over two weeks ago. I keep seeing women posting about bleeding after they DTD, and and I'm just wondering if everyone bleeds, or are there some women who don't? I need some reassurance that I may not bleed, or that I could but it will be ok. DH knows that I'm concerned about bleeding, but he has also done research and thinks that I should start to get over that fear. Thanks!

I did once, just the tiniest bit of brown spotting. a day later (it amounted to what you'd get from a bad paper cut but spread over 12 hours). That was a couple weeks ago and things still seem fine. I just tell hubby to go a bit easier now more for my sanity than anything else.

I never bled after dtd with my first pregnancy. This time I have been on pelvic rest since finding out. I wouldn't worry too much about it, usually it's fine and plenty of people don't bleed.

I know it's scary to think about bleeding or mostly spotting/light bleeding, whether sex is the reason or not, but some women really don't bleed at all. Some women (like myself) not only suffer from an extremely sensitive cervix as all pregnant women do, but we also have other factors that could increase the bleeding, such as subchorionic hemorrhages, corpus luteum cysts (both of which I have), cervical polyps, etc. but they are not harmful at all! They can be under EXTREME circumstances but for the most part is not a big deal, except for the slight cramping. Not all women bleed, and if you do I wouldn't put a great deal of stress on it b/c 9 times out of 10, you're baby is fine. Some women don't have sex just in case, some women go ahead with sex b/c the cause is known, it is really a judgment call on what you think is best for you. GL on whatever you decide

Hi hon, this is my first and I'm about 5 weeks along too. We have DTD a couple times in the last couple weeks (once since getting the bfp though).
I have had zero spotting or bleeding.
Unless you have anything in particular that the Dr has said to avoid it, you will be fine. Just take the time to work out what your comfy with! (Personally I'm not comfy with missionary any more as it felt like hubby was bumping my belly too much!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->