Bleeding after ERPC

SharonF

Mum of 1- pregnant again!
Reaction score
Sorry if this is tmi, but I am after some advice.

I had a D&C on Monday after finding no heartbeat at our 12 wks scan. Baby measured approx 9 weeks. I am in pieces.

I was told I would bleed for 2-7 days but I stopped bleeding the very next morning, less than 15 hours after operation. Is this normal or should I call my GP?

Thanks ladies, this forum is helping me to find answers during this painful time.

Hi

I had hardly any blood the day after my ERPC - I did have spotting for a week but it was very little. I was worried also but I think it just means that everything was cleared.

Hi Sharon

Sorry for your loss.

I had an ERPC last Tuesday after finding out we'd had an MMC and like you was expecting some bleeding.

Other than a small amount of bleeding on the pad applied by the hospital immediately after the operation I have had no bleeding whatsoever which I was a little concerned about. From reading other peoples stories it really does depend on the person though as everyone reacts differently afterwards and I have seen other people say they hardly bled at all. I'm hoping that the lack of bleeding means they managed to get everything out nice and cleanly when they did the procedure.

Hi Sharon

So very sorry for your loss. I had my ERPC last mon and had no bleeding at all the day after but then have had bleeding on and off with a few cramps for the last week. Bleeding slowed down yesterday and stopped today. I was told by the hospital to worry if you bled for more than 5-7 days so was just about to call in but think i'll be fine and anyway it was mainly when I overdid it so think it was my body's way of telling me to slow down.

Another friend of mine had no bleeding like Shazza and she had hers the week before Shazza and I did and she's been fine too. She went to the doc too and was told its a good sign if you have very little bleeding so don't worry.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

xxx

Thank you all for your answers and support. It is life affirming to know that ladies out there have been through it too and that people care.

I went for a little walk earlier and have since been cramping and bleeding a little. Prior to that I had been doing very little at all. So yes, I think you are right, it is linked to how much we do so I must try not to overdo it.

Thanks again for all of your kind words. I hope you are all doing okay too x

hey hun,

I also found out at 11 weeks 6 days at my scan my ther was no heartbeat and also had a ERPC on monday. :(

I had bleeding monday evening when i got home but not much at all, and since then ive only been spotting lightly. Today ive been having quite painful cramps on and off so have a hot water bottle on my tummy as i type.

hope your doing ok

xxxx

hey hun,

I also found out at 11 weeks 6 days at my scan my ther was no heartbeat and also had a ERPC on monday. :(

I had bleeding monday evening when i got home but not much at all, and since then ive only been spotting lightly. Today ive been having quite painful cramps on and off so have a hot water bottle on my tummy as i type.

hope your doing ok

xxxx

Thanks Diggydog

So similar - I was 11 wks and 3 days when I found out last Friday and had to wait until Monday when I was 11/6 for my ERPC. What a sad sad weekend :cry:.

We were probably going through the same thing at the same time on Monday.

How are you feeling? How is your OH coping?

I'm so glad to have found this thread today.

I had an ERPC yesterday after my second MMC in a row and I am absolutely heartbroken. Since waking up from the anaesthetic, and changing my pad at the hospital, I haven't had any bleeding whatsoever. I've been so worried thinking something is wrong or maybe something has stuck somehow and blocked my cervix!

How strange that so many of us are all in the same boat this week. It's definitely comforing to know you're out there and we can talk to each other.

Hi Lolly

Yes, it is good to know we are not alone. I do feel for you, one MMC is tough, I can only imagine how you are feeling. Keep chatting if it helps.

x

It is so sad to see just how many of us are going through this at the same time :(

I have to say though that I really don't what I would've done over the past two weeks if it hadn't have been for this section of the forum - I have found it such a support through what would've been a very upsetting and confusing time without it.

I hope all you ladies are doing ok :hugs:

I had my ERPC when i would of been 12 weeks 3 days it was on the date i should of had my 12 week scan :( 11 weeks 1 day i had a brown discharge so they got me in for an early scan 11 weeks 6 days when i found out there was no heartbeat.:cry:

Im starting to feel better the 4 days from when i found out until having the ERPC i was in bits, knowing i was carrying our baby that was no longer alive. My OH was also in bits, trying to be supportive for me but upset for our loss, upset seeing me in pieces and knowing i would have to go through the op aswell. :nope:
It will be a week 2moz since finding out at the scan, we are both feeling empty, quite and sad. But i do feel things are getting easier. This forum helps loads when you see other people going through the same thing and that they go on to have healthy pregnancies and babys after having mm/c's.

How are you and your OH coping?
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Please remember all you ladies that day of your ERPC bleed is classed as day one of your new cycle and your monthly AF or whatever your cycle length is, you can get pregnant this cycle and you can ovulate, I bled for 1 day after ERPC and ovulated 16 days later !!

So sorry you have all had to have this its so crap x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"