• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Bleeding after Pap smear?

mcwhmm

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I had my first official OB appointment yesterday and the doctor did a papsmear. It was pretty painful! Afterwards I was given Kleenex to clean off with before getting dressed. My CM had bright red blood mixed in. I have heard that it's normal to bleed because of increased blood flow. Then last night my cm was tinged with brown blood and then it went away. Now this morning it's the same way. This is still normal right??

Hey! I had a pap yesterday too. I had a tiny little spot of pale pink last night and couple light brown/pink spots today when I wipe. It's normal. As long as you aren't bleeding bright red and it's just spotting. I think it should take a few days to get it all out.

Thanks! It has stopped now! But of coarse seeing ANY blood while pregnant sets off alarms in our brains!

It's very very normal!! I bleed after pap smears even when I'm not pregnant.

Thanks! It has stopped now! But of coarse seeing ANY blood while pregnant sets off alarms in our brains!

Mine stopped a little while ago too! Good to know we both went through the same exact thing. I was worried too, even after the Dr. told me it would happen. I'm glad you're spot-free now :)

My doctor told me I would bleed from the pap and not to have sex that night. I didn't end up bleeding at all and then of course worried something was wrong because I DIDN'T bleed!

Normal for me too, always had bleeding after a pap or when I was checked in the third trimester.

It never happened with my daughter at all even though the doctor warned me it might. Then with my last pregnancy, every time we dtd, I bled. That ended in mc, but not related to the bleeding. I have still today every once in a while ehen I go to the bathroom, have the tiniest bit of brown tinge in my cm. It still worries me :p

The pap was just yesterday so it sounds pretty normal. I guess if you are still getting it tomorrow give a call just to make sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"