Bleeding after using canesten pessary (TMI?)

Embo78

Mum of five
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I've got thrush and my doc assured me it's safe to use this pessary but I've been bleeding this afternoon. It's nothing like I've ever seen before and I think the skin inside my vagina is peeling cos it's stinging. It doesn't feel like it's coming from my cervix but then again I could be wrong.
Has anyone else experienced this before or know someone that has??

Sorry hun, not experienced this but did not want to read and run... It's probably just irrated you a little as you are extra sensitive down there. Nothing to worry about I am sure as the doctor said it was fine. I would however call your gp/midwife tomorrow morning as a pessary should not cause bleeding regardless of pregnancy :hugs: They will be able to re-assure you that all is well :thumbup:

it is actually recommended to not use anything internal for treating thrush hun. the external cream from what i have been told is the only safe option. i dont know about the tablet as i never asked when i had thrush last time.
i would defiantely go back to your docs as you shouldnt react that way to a pessary. have you had it before? if not then theres a possibilty you could be allergic to it.
natural yoghurt works ownders for the external symptoms of thrush as well. xx

Thanks so much for the reply sez. I'm going outta my mind

Hey Embo, maybe you're allergic to the pessary-have you used that one before?, if your skin is peeling it sounds a bit odd, maybe its irritated you, i'd give NHS direct a bell, i have heard of a similar story before, hope it settles soon xx

By the way forgot to say pessaries are commonly used in pregnancy so don't worry xx

No worries love, I popped over from 2nd tri to see if I could offer any advice :) Get a good nights sleep and let us know how you get on tomorrow x

Thanks loolabear and roonsma.
I have used then before but it was about 6 yes ago. No problems that I can remember.
I'll ring my gp in the morning and see if she can advise.
Thanks again for replys :)

poor you hun :( i had thrush around 1-2 days after my bfp- im 6 weeks now and i used the pessary a couple of weeks ago and had no problems with it. my doc also said pessarys are safe during pregnancy i was just careful not to lodge it too far in (it mentions this in the instruction leaflet) as it can put pressure on your cervix. i dont think it will cause any harm to baba though but it sounds like you've had a reaction to the pessary. i hadnt had thrush in about 7 years when i used it again so was worried but it was fine for me and cleared up the next day, i used the external cream for a further few days just to make sure.
call your doc and let them know they might be able to offer you another type of treatment to get rid of it ! sorry you are going through this im sure everything will be fine good luck :hugs:

Thanks cloud9.
I'm trying to think positive but the worse thing you can see when you're pregnant is blood!
Took another digi this aft and it still said 3+ so I'm thinking bout that :)

hun.... I took a pessary as the doc promised it was fine and then the midwife said not to but I had already done it and it was sore when I inserted it and two days later I started bleeding :shrug: losing my baby but dont know if it was related If I ever find out I will be so angry xxxx

This is what scares me, I think I have thrush too but really not wanting to treat it with anything. Just eating lots of live yoghurt.

So sorry for your loss wantingagirl, fx for a sticky bean for you.

I know this thread is forever old but I also used a pessary yesterday night and also bled yesterday! So it's not unusual, I have used one before when not pregnant and also had the same effects!!! But the cream wasn't shifting it so twas my only option xx

did you girls use the applicator to insert it and how far up did you put it?

Pessaries are safe except you can't use the applicator (just your finger). I used one at about 5 weeks and was fine.

If you have put it up a bit too high it could have just disturbed the cervix which is very heavy with blood at this stage.

sorry no advice hun but wondering why your doc said to use a pessary during prenancy as far as im aware is not OK to use these you are just supposed to use the cream :-/

Wow this thread is 16 months old!!!! I ended up losing this baby and two after it. I don't think the pessary had anything to do with it though.

Oh Im so sorry for your 3 losses :hugs:

Wishing you the stickiest of beans this time round!!!

Ahh thank you Maria :) had a wonderful scan today so I'm hoping this is my sticky bean :)

Thanks Leah :) I was surprised to see this pop up on my notifications!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->