Bleeding again:-(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Fiona1973, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Fiona1973

Fiona1973 Well-Known Member

Two weeks ago had a bleed went to A&E was taken to labour ward they where going to keep me in over nite once things had settled for scan next day. But when they realised that I was not booked in the hospital to have baby they sent me home. Cause they did not know how it would work being England and Wales!!! Then I was 21 weeks. Then last tue had bleed went to hospital I am booked in and they where great with me cervix still closed and was told it's common to bleed but if this did carry on there is nothing they can do? Then today I have same bleed again so in bed.. I have not been hospital as it's not as much and baby is moving.. Why do they say there is nothing they can do???? Would they not try and save baby??? I have consultant next week so can ask questions then. Its just worry anyone else have this problem??

2. theresarhuebb

theresarhuebb x mother of 3 x

they would try and save baby i think :S all you can do is rest. and hope for the best x

3. mummy2lola

mummy2lola Mum to 2 trying for 3

I've heard they don't try to save a baby until past 23wks which I think sounds terrible but Hun if uve had this bleed before and baby is fine then it must be something else,have u got a low laying placenta or anything? Xx

4. miss_danielle

miss_danielle * Mother Of 3 *

i had heavey bleeding at 14 weeks went to a&e the doctors said it was a miscarrige just like that..me and OH told everyone what the doctor has said to find out 3/4 hours down the line lucky for use the devils in there playing and jumping just fine..
    but they did say if i did lose it they would not do anything to help me i would be left as baby is not over 24 weeks and his/she lungs or other stuff would not have developed enuff for them to survive

5. miss_danielle

miss_danielle * Mother Of 3 *

MW did say it most commonly a blood vessel thats poped or ripped up ur fanny nuffin to do with baby ..the vessels are apparently thiner during pregnancy than what they usually are

6. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

Babies aren't considered viable until 24 weeks so even if something terrible was to happen before then the baby wouldn't survive (although there have been the odd case of babies who have).

Do you have placenta previa? If you have a look on your notes it will say low lying posterior placenta. If so bleeding is very common and it is coming from you and not from the baby. It still needs to be monitored closely as bleeding can get really heavy. I would call your midwife and ask her her advise.

7. tessica123

tessica123 Well-Known Member

I have low lying posteria placenta and have been bleeding since 19weeks very heavy
    I go in about once week when am fed up if it they test my iron levels make see am not loosing too mch blood check cervix and send me home tell mento rest

I have days where I am not bleeding but have very brown bloody dishcharge

I have been quite blood free for 2 days but I do nothing but wee myself so not booked in to see mw I case it's my waters leaking as it only happens when not bleeding

So can't see it being weak bladder

8. lynys

lynys Charley's Mommy

I had bleeding all throughout this pregnancy. It got to the point that at 15 weeks, they told me if I bleed, not to worry about it, just lie down with my feet up and if it does not go away, then to go in.

My last doctors appointment, I was 21 weeks, and she asked about the bleeding. Told her I had some the week before and she told me if I bleed again, to go to the hospital. (omg which is it?)

After 20 weeks, they take it very seriously, and want to make sure baby is okay or not early labour.

9. Fiona1973

Fiona1973 Well-Known Member

Thank you all xxx they gave me another scan last week to look at plecenta it's posterior but not low.. Baby is moving and I have herd same that you have to be 24 weeks to save baby.. I am just resting to be honest have been wrote off work by my doctor for last 3 weeks who has been great and was because of doctor had another scan.. Thank you all fir your comments xx

10. jellytot3

jellytot3 Mum of 3

Course they would try to save the baby if there was something wrong. Obviously they dont see a problem. I bled in my first pregnancy and was told it was normal. Dont worry yourself silly. Ring your midwife if you still feel unsure x

11. Lauraaraa

Lauraaraa Love My Baby Girl

i was going to say have you got a low laying placenta

i do but not had any bleeding, so fingers crossed i dont have any.

but defo keep rested up.
    Plentyyy of bedrest!!!!

i personally really am scared of hospitals! but thats coz of previous things tht have happened, i get distressed so makes things worse.

and is normal for some women to bleed all thru pregnancy.
    so try not to worry.