Bleeding almost stopped a week after birth??

YorkieMom

Reaction score
I gave birth last Friday morning and almost immediately I was surprised to see how little I bled. I passed 2 smaller clots in the shower after birth, and really didn't have that much bleeding at all. I've mentioned this to my midwives a few times and they all say it's good. They've also had a look at my stitches and say they're healing well, but I'm still not convinced this is normal.

I had very little actual blood come out, it's mainly just light pinkish/orangey watery discharge now, but it's only a week after birth. Although I've been using maternity pads I could get away with using regular Always pads because it's really not that heavy.

Does this sound normal? I don't think the discharge smells really horrible or anything, but i don't think it's odourless - is it supposed to be? I had prepared myself for a bloody mess after reading what others have experienced on here, but within a day of the birth I could easily walk around for a short period of time without anything running down my leg.

Does this sound like something i should be concerned about?

With my second I only bled for a week. I took it as a good thing. If I over exerted myself it did start again for a day or so. As long as you have no pain or odour then I'd not worry and just mention it to your mw when you see her. Congrats On your baby!

Ps, the stuff does have a unique smell I'd describe it as metallic, it's just a foul smell you need to look out for like fishy or rotting meat type smell.

I thought this considering how bad I had it with my dd's but its still going 3 weeks on, some days I'll have literally nothing and others I'll bleed a little (mainly brownish) but only enough for a normal sanitary pad.
It may continue on and off for a while. If it does stop completely after a week then you are one of the minority and very lucky :thumbup:

:flower:

Mine was the same but carry pads on you, it may surprise you some times.

Mine stopped after less than a week, was gone for 10 days, then I suddenly bled through my pants when I was pumping. I thought I was peeing myself. After that I bled lightly for a few weeks.

I have a similar situation.
This Wednesday I delivered my little girl at 23 weeks, and it's only saturday... but I've had no bleeding all day... just pinkish orangey discharge...
Wednesday after was expectedly heavy. I went through a pad an hour until yesterday when it seemed worse in the shower when I manually expressed my milk since I was extremely engorged... had a constant flow during my entire shower while expressing (about 25-30 minutes)...
After I went through a pad an hour but it seemed thinner somehow. More watery. Last night woke up midnight and very little bleeding...
Now today... well... this morning, I had a few small clots and an orangey brownish discharge, and now it's just the pinkish orangey stuff but very light.
No foul smell... just the discharge, very light.
It's about 9:45 now, and I just checked, 3 hours clean pad. I thought the bleed was supposed to be 2+ weeks... ?
Is this normal... or...?
I guess everyone's different?

Sounds normal to me. I had very little bleeding when I had my son, despite the fact that I hemoragged directly after delivery. I've had a lot more bleeding with the birth of my daughter this time... But after the first couple days it's still manageable with a normal pad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->