Bleeding and Early Pregnancy unit tests.

Sweet__pea

Mum to 1 DD aged 2 TTC#2
Reaction score
Bit of a long one! Id appreciate any comments at all.

It has been a long time since I posted on here but I am having a bit of difficult time and the people on this forum have always been so kind and helpful.

I started TTC last month. Only BD once as we decided to start trying on the day I 'felt' I was ovulating.

TWW passess I do some tests ( I'm an addict) all negative not even squinters. I was supprised as I really felt pregnant, although I often did when I was in the TTW and being hopeful.

I get a full and normal period, I have fairly heavy ones.

About 3 days after the end of my period I start spotting blood some red and some brown. This has never happened to me before. A couple of days pass and it continues. I go to the shop on Monday and pic up a test all they had were the clear blue digital. I went to work and peed on it and it said 2-3 weeks pregnant! I was SHOCKED.

I went to the Drs who referred me to the early pregnancy unit. I went home and took a normal HPT just to check it came up BFP in seconds.

Next day (Tuesday) went to the early pregnancy unit and they did a test. They told me there was a positive line but it was so faint they could barley see it.
They did a scan and they could not see anything no sign of a miscarriage and no sign of pregnancy.

The only thing they said it could be too early to see anything yet, but continued to add that it was still so unlikely as the line was sooo faint. She even said it could only be seen in the right light.

Today I wake up and I deiced to do a test, I don't want to see a faint line/ No line but I need to see for myself.

I am now in a state of shock as the HPT I did had a line appear as fast as before with dark line as dark as the control line. Now I don't know what to think. :wacko:

Could the HPTs be stronger than the EPUs ones? Even though she told me they were super sensitive.

Is there a chance I could still be pregnant ?:shrug:

anyone had any similar experiences to this?

Sorry for the long post but it has also been therapeutic writing this.

I would say your tests could definitely be more sensitive, my Dr told me their tests aren't as sensitive here.. I'd keep taking tests and call them back next week for another scan?

I honestly think if you had more than 1 (even if it was faint) a positive is a positive. That the way i see it. Congrats btw! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"