Bleeding and NHS is useless! - Update!

AnnaHughes

Reaction score
So I started bleeding this morning - fresh red blood.

after 3 re occuring miscarriages, I have done nothing but worry this whole pregnancy, and now i am just in bits.

So, i phoned the early pregnancy assesment unit, who told me to phone the docs, so i did, got an emergency appointment, only to be told that they cant get me a scan until at least Sunday! - got so upset i stormed out, the doctor said that it wouldn't make any difference anyway going now or sunday!

So I phoned the private clinic (that i had to go to when having mc 3 due to the docs not doing anything) , and they are full until monday :-( there are no more private clinics as I live quite rural :-(

now, I cant speak to my husband without biting his head off, he was just asking how bad it was, trying to reassure me, and i just shouted at him, and I have to wait till sunday to know what is going on :-(

UPDATE Woo Hoo - I have been for my scan this morning, and all is fine, baby was wriggling around! measuring perfect, at 10 weeks. Now, after 2 scans, I finally feel like i can relax a little - i know that things can happen at any stage, but for me, to get to 10 weeks, is a milestone!

Yet if your rang tomorrow theyd have told you they don't scan at weekends. NHS is a waste of time chick.

Are you bleeding heavy or is it just like spotting. I know it doesn't help at all but there could be a perfectly 'Normal' reason, over did some lifting, sex (yea not that your really going to when worried' haematoma (like a blood clot that bursts)

You must be going out of your mind hun. How far gone are you? What i nean is, is there any way your midwife could see you and even run a Doppler over you. Maybe a heart beat will calm you a little until Sunday.

Of course i know that's not fool proof it was just a thought

My midwife told me to go to a&e rather than the epu if I had any bleeding. Is more waiting around but they will see you and scan you then and there. I was told not to go to the epu as they basically wouldn't do much! So you could always try that. I did when I was bleeding while pregnant with my first. Was only 5+6 but they gave me a scan and booked me in for another the following week. Good luck, hope everything works out xx

Yea a and e is always an option too totally skipped my mind lisa.

But if you go, go early before the pubs start sending the injured drunks to clutter up a and e

Naria, not really heavy bleeding, just when i wipe, but it is red blood - now the rational part of me knows that there could be many reasons, unforturnatly, my brain runs away with me and thinks of only the bad reasons:dohh: - No sex since found out at 3wks 5 days- so i know its not that!

I am nearly 10 weeks, Unfortunatly, i have not had my booking in appointment yet - (that is scheduled for sunday afternoon) i was late booking it cos i waited till i have my reassurance scan at 7 weeks (where i saw the baby and hb) before i booked in, so i cant ask a midwife, my sister does have a doppler though, but not sure if it would stress me out using it if i cant find the hb!

Lisa, I think if the bleeding continues, i might try going to a&e, i know its not that long to wait until sunday, but i am so impatient, and am driving myself mad not knowing.

Thanks ladies, you have calmed me down and stopped the tears

Is it possible you've irritated your cervix somehow chick. And 10weeks even if they didn't scan they should hear heartbeat.

If its just on wipes i highly doubt its bad news... Yep in an opptimist (have to be, 6prwfnancies 1live birth) gotta keep hopeful eh??

Just try resting, eating and drinking properly

I just want to say that i had a fresh red bleed last sunday, i couldn't get a scan until tuesday but baby was fine with a lovely strong heartbeat. The sonographer couldn't find a reason why I was bleeding, it carried on until wednesday. I am now spotting on and off pink discharge but i'm not worried now i know my baby is fine.

the nhs are useless, I had a bit of spotting Saturday night, rang the early pregnancy unit they told me to ring out of hours doctors who then told me to ring 111 they then said they'll get out of hours doctor to call me, luckly nothing was wrong, they even joked it was good timing as I had my 12 week scan on the Monday.
finger's crossed everything is ok for you, as much as your going to be sick of hearing it try and relax as much as you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->