Bleeding and "period pain" after C section

Gbobs

Reaction score
I had a C-section 3 weeks ago today and had a medium-heavy period type bleeding for the first 10 days. This got lighter since and I have had days with no bleeding, but then it seems to start again - it's not heavy and browny/red in colour so not fresh blood.

I did have the uterus shrinking cramping initially which lasted less than a week but now in the past couple of days I've been getting slight dull cramps, which do seem more prominent when I'm BFing.

Is this similar to what others have experienced - I'm just wondering really about the pains/cramps as it seems strange I didn't have any for almost two weeks and now they have come back - want to make sure there couldn't be anything wrong really.

I had an emegency c-section too and I am still bleeding. I have had cramps fairly consistantly, especially when I breastfeed, so I am not sure about stopping and starting cramping again after 2 weeks, but I was told by my doctor that breastfeeding can make the bleeding get heavy and light and heavy again, so maybe it can also affect cramping. Sorry I'm not more help. :)

Hello, I had emcs 3weeks ago too. I feel cramping sometimes worse than others, and I wondered if it was due to me cutting back my pain or maybe feeling coming back after surgery damage? My bleeding comes and goes too, midwife said it was due to me breastfeeding, and if I've done a little more walking or something one day I often bleed more. red/brown/pink...
Actually can I ask if you guys have a bulging overhang above your scar? Mine is still really tender feeling, not the scar, it's fine, but the big fleshy buldge above it? Anyone else have this? I dunno if it's cos I had PPH and they were pushing more to try and stop it. Sorry to hi jack your thread! :) xx

Your uterus can take longer to shrink. I bled for 4 weeks, then stopped for 4-5 days then had some dark thicker/less mucousy bleeding for 4-5 days and then again 4 weeks after that. HELLO AF! I've been told by a lot of moms who had AF return quickly and BF that it wasn't so painful as before. I also had varying bleeding the entire 4 weeks.

lettuce- the bulge goes down. I cried the first time I sw it in a mirror.

I also have the bulge. (I don't have PPH) I have lost weight (and am working on losing more), but the bulge is still there. I hate it! It hangs down over the incision too and is hideous! All the other things (stretch marks, wrinkly stomach, bigger hips, different boobs etc) I expected and even think of as my "badge of honor" for having a baby, but this bulge thing looks horrible and none of my clothes fit right because of it. I don't even want OH to look at me, I feel so ugly!

The bulge is painful too. Actually everything is still very painful down there. My incision on the outside is healed, but I think the incisions on the inside are still tender and that is what is causeing me the pain. I wish I had some of the pain meds they gave me at the hospital. Tylenol isn't cutting it. I told the doctor, but he said it was normal to feel pain because the nerves are the last thing to heal and that I should "take it easy". Um, yeah, it's easy to "take it easy" with a newborn!

Oh I know exactly what you mean Brieanna- I'm not bothered by the other things either, bu that pouch makes me feel sick! I only put on 7lbs during my pregnancy- I am obese- and now I'm a stone lighter than I was before I got pregnant. Still got a long way to go, but not too bothered about that! Thanks miss fox, I'm glad it's going to decrease somewhat!
Brieanna I'd go back to the doctor- I have some pain and discomfort, bu it's alleviated by paracetamol and diflofenac. Are you doing too much? I mean, I know you may not have an option, but I'm really not doing much, started this week to put the odd washing in the machine, and I've tidied up her clothes and presents, and now can do the dishes.
:hugs: hope we all recover soon!
When is everyone having their check up? Normally we'd go to the gp, but cos I had PPH with substantial blood loss (2.5lts) I have to go see the consultant at t he hospital :( on the 28th July. Xx

Yep I have the same with the overhang, it feels that it's making me sore because it's pulling on my scar etc and it look and feels awful. Does anyone know why it's there- is it just the way they have to stitch you up? My scarc itself isn't sore but I think the insides are still a bit.

I think it's something to do with the fact they cut your muscles? :( ouch. Xx

OMG - I was just literally going to start a thread asking all these questions! It's reassuring to know others have to same issues.

I had CS just over 3 weeks ago. I bled steadily for a few days and then it became much lighter. I was really surprised actually because the flow was much like a normal period. It carried on for about 2 weeks, then I started getting days where I wouldn't bleed at all, but would then suddenly have a small amount of bleeding for a short time. I then had a couple of days without bleeding, so I stopped wearing pads (it seemed like a waste) only for the bleeding to start again very soon afterwards. This only lasted a few hours before stopping again for three days. Then this morning I woke up with blood on my nightie and bedsheet (I stopped wearing a pad again after I went 3 days with no bleeding)!

The bleeding today is very brown and a bit slimy, like it's mixed with a lot of discharge. I was wondering if it was normal for it to stop and start like this, but it sounds like it is. Plus I was wondering if going back on the pill was contributing. I started taking Noriday again on Friday - it's a mini pill so works by thinning the lining of the womb and increasing mucus at the cervix - so I'm wondering if the new bleeding is just the pill starting to take effect?

I also have that hideous bulge! I thought it was just because I was overweight, but obviously not. How long does it take to go down? I've lost loads of weight since I had LO. IN fact I lost weight when pregnant (7 lbs overall) then a further 2.5 stone since he was born.

The buldge gets smaller. Mine doesn't over hang anymore. I think it has to do with how they stitch it up. And the continuous bleeding can definitely be a sign of overdoing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->