Bleeding Around 4 Weeks

HPmum2B

Reaction score
Hello, I am just after some advice / positive stories...

A bit of background, I have 2 daughters and had no problems concieving them.

I fell pregnant (by accident, on the pill) earlier this year, and unfortunatly had a miscarraige (baby died at 12 weeks, found out at 13 week scan, had medical managment at 14 weeks). That was all about 6 weeks ago.

I was told I was fine to try again again straight away, and we did. 3 weeks after MC I am pretty sure I ovulated, I estimated AF would be due about the 24th July. On the 23rd I woke up with a bit of brown bloody discharge, thought I was out for the month. Then I did a pregnancy test and got a very very faint line. No more blood that day. The next day (yesterday morning) I took another test, still a very faint line. The last night I went for a wee and noticed blood when I wiped. It is period like blood, but during the course of the day it has not got any heavier, its just there when I wipe (or if I check around my cervix). I took another pregnancy test this evening and it is still a faint positive. I have no other period symptoms, no pain etc, but also have no pregnancy symptoms either.

If it was a chemical pregnancy, would the test have turned negative? Is there a chance I am still pregnant, or am I just clutching at straws?

Thanks.

It could be left over hcg from the miscarriage. Did you have your levels tested down to zero? Or have a negative hpt before the faint ones you're getting?

Yes got negative tests 2 weeks ago. Tested again this morning and can't see a line, bleeding properly now, so think that's it. Maybe chemical, maybe an odd period. Onto next month I guess. Thanks.

I bled like a period between 5-7 weeks so try not to worry. x

Firstly, I'm so sorry for your loss with your last pregnancy. :hugs:

Bleeding can be harmless in many women who are pregnant. My mum continued to have period like bleeding around when her period would be due with one of her pregnancies (oddly, not the other two).

That said, it could be a chemical. With my first chemical, I had faint tests that didn't get any darker for five days before bleeding started and then the lines started to fade again. Are your faint lines getting darker?

Is it possible to go get hCG levels done?

I really hope this is just a rocky start to a rainbow baby for you.

HCG lines have gone completly now, so whatever it was, it must be over. I guess it was a chemical. Seems a bit harsh to have a chemical just weeks after a MC, but I guess that is life. Maybe although an egg got fertalised, my uterus was not fully up to the job after the MC. Hopefully next month with pan out better.

Thanks for your replies ladies.

... I really don't know what to think. I am on day 4 of AF, for some reason, something wasn't sitting right with me, so I just decided to POAS, and I have got a faint (but stronger line) positive. What on earth is going on. So I may or may not be pregnant.
I know the sensible thing would be to phone the doctor, but to be honnest, I wouldn't want a scan before I am 6 weeks anyway, as I would like to see something, so I kind of want to see how things pan out as the week goes on.

This must all be very confusing for you - what a rollercoaster! Hope you get clearer answers soon and good luck xxxxxxx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->