Bleeding at 8 wks with clots

Velathria

Mother of 2
Reaction score
Hi there girls,

I have been researching like crazy on the internet but thought it be easier just to ask on here ^^

So since 7.5 weeks I had been spotting brown went to the hospital for Ultrasound and baby was there with strong HB but they found out that I have a bicornuate uterus and the baby is in the right horn. Brown spotting kept going until Friday and then stopped. Thought everything was fine and then on Saturday night I woke up from a nightmare that I was bleeding and I suddenly felt something flowing out of me. I got up and a big gush of blood came out of me and flowed down my legs.

I ran to the bathroom and it just gushed into the toilet. Then I felt a little clot come out of me. It was maybe the size of a cherry tomato. Then I kept spotting a bit more and next day it stopped but then on sunday night it happened again... a big gush of blood came out of me and soaked my pad. Then I went to the bathroom and I lost another clot...
I have had a little bit cramping.. I called the doctor and she said I have my ultrasound on Tuesday and I should wait until then because we had just seen the baby and it was fine. And that with bicornuate uterus bleeding can happen.

So my question is did any of you ladies have this happen too and everything was fine?

I am so scared because I had had a Mc 8 months ago and I bled a lot back then too...

Just hoping that everything is fine with my baby :cry:

I didn't have any clots as far as I know (I was in the shower at the time and honestly was in such a panic that I don't know that I would have noticed), but with my first pregnancy, yes, I did have heavy gushing bleeding. It literally just gushed out and ran down my legs, very much like you've described. It lasted as red bleeding (though not all as heavy as at the beginning) for maybe 20 minutes and then I continued to have some brown spotting for another day or so. I was 10 weeks at the time. I had a scan the next day and that couldn't find any explanation at all for the bleeding. Everything looked fine. I didn't have any more bleeding for the rest of my pregnancy and my daughter is 4 now. So sometimes it's absolutely nothing. I'd try to stay hopeful because more times than not all turns out well with first tri bleeding. Sending you good wishes for your scan.

Thanks so much for the reply.. the last two days I hadn't had anymore nausea but suddenly out of nowhere it just came on again. So maybe I'm just over worrying. . It's hard not too though xD wish I could just sleep through the first trimester. Lol

Can't wait for my scan tomorrow.

Big hugs, it's such a horrible feeling because you can't see what's going on in there. I've just had a bit of spotting and that was enough to freak me out. I too panicked as I felt my nausea had calmed down and my boobs didn't feel as sore, think I went into panic mode. Had a scan and the nurse reassured me that it happens to a lot of women around this time. Try keeping yourself busy today and I wish you all the luck for tomorrow x

Well my dh said something that makes sense. Around this time I should've gotten my period and apparently that's pretty common with a bicornuate uterus.. so I'm just hoping that's it.

Good luck , in sorry you're going through this! Be sure to update!!

I defintely will. ^^ hope it's good news. It's so hard to find anything on bicornuate uterus.

I hope your scan goes well. I had massive bleeding with my babies (now 5 and 3) including soaking through my clothes and jacket I was sitting on as I raced home from the office in 10 minutes. Continued to bleed (with clots) for another half an hour. I was sure it was over but at the next scan (the following day which had been scheduled only to make sure the miscarriage was complete :sad: ) there he was - no explanation for the bleeding at all.

Thanks for that ^^ bleeding has stopped just spotting brown now... am going in for my scan in a few hours. Thanks for everything. I guess what happens will happen. I just hope it's good news. Still feel extremely nauseous, it's actually gotten worse so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Good luck! Hoping for good news. Stalking for an update x

Stalking for an update, my sil bled constantly throughout her pregnancy and her daughter is now 8. On a separate note you only live about half an hour from me so :hi: i dont see a lot of people living in ireland on here!

So had my scan and all is good ^^ baby is measuring the way it's supposed to and hb is strong.:happydance:

Ultrasound did show a very big blood clot in my left horn and she said that will probably pass soon. But baby is fine!! I am so relieved. Thank you so so so much for the support :)

3boys: that is pretty rare. Where are you from? I haven't met many from Ireland ;)

Near Birr in Offaly! delighted your scan went well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->