Bleeding but no answer from the walk in clinic

Kekei

Reaction score
Hi
I'm approx 6+6 weeks pregnant and this morning Ive begun bleeding. Its bright red blood and like a period. No cramping with it just a dull ache at times. I went to the walk in clinic and saw a nurse who really gave me no answers, just to go home and rest. What do I do know? I have a midwife appointment due 29th Nov so do I wait till then or do I ring the doc tommorrow and ask to have a earlier appointment with midwife or see the doc?

Wow,can't believe they just let you home to rest up! They've clearly never been in that situation themselves before

Anyway, is there an Early Pregnancy Unit in your area? I would advise you to go to one and get at least a proper appointment & follow up & possibly even a scan, blood tests etc
Don't lose heart completely just yet, the fact that you don't have severe pain, the bleeding could be coming from anywhere 'down there'! With increase blood flow to the uterus during early pregnancy it isn't unusual to have a cervical polyp begin to bleed or many other things (I used to work in an EPU)

So best of luck & try and get to see someone with a heart! Sending you big :hugs:

That doesnt seem very helpful! I agree - contact your midwife or go see a doctor and they can refer you to early pregnancy unit.

i had a miscarriage and i can say was the amount of bleeding there was no question that it wasnt a miscarriage in my mind. i bled heavier than any period and filled a pad within 10 mins. I just knew it was a miscarriage.

It doesnt sound like your bleeding is like mine so I would hang in there - I have heard people have periods throughout pregnancy so could be that.

I would definitely go see the doctor tomorrow, or call the hospital see if there is a women's unit who can do a scan.

Thank you. Its all a bit surreal and confusing. Going to ring docs in the morning and hope to get an early appointment. Just want an answer to know whats happening.

iv been bleeding for a week and half hun and had a scan on thurs and there was a baby with a hb. drs havnt really been any help with me but i think you should contact gp or maternity unit to see what you should do. iv just got to wait it out til my next scan on 29th nov xxxxx

Got in to see my GP today and he has put me on complete bedrest until the bleeding stops for at least 24hrs. My amazing SIL has my lively 2 year old which is fantastic of her. My GP wasnt too set on giving me an early scan because he said it could be up to 2 weeks however I asked him to try and Ive got one book for 9am tommorrow! Looking forward to having some answers tommorrow

Got in to see my GP today and he has put me on complete bedrest until the bleeding stops for at least 24hrs. My amazing SIL has my lively 2 year old which is fantastic of her. My GP wasnt too set on giving me an early scan because he said it could be up to 2 weeks however I asked him to try and Ive got one book for 9am tommorrow! Looking forward to having some answers tommorrow

Good luck hun. x

good luck hun ill keep my fx for you im going through the same thing i blead for for days now im jus spotting i have a appointment in the morning .. good luck hun xx

Glad you went to see your GP Kekei, best of luck with your scan tomorrow, hope all goes well for you...have FX for you x

Thank you for the support. I'm going crazy just lying in bed but the good part was my DH treated me to a mcd's for my tea! The doc couldnt understand why I had so much bleeding but no pain so thats a little bit of hope. Hope I have a good nights sleep and see my little 'bubble' in the morning

there was nothing to show at the scan so Ive had an ealy miscariage. They did find a cyst in my left ovary so going to send my notes tto my GP and see what he has to say. I knew from the start that something wasnt right. I never had many symptoms only tiredness so was expecting something but you never know. Going to take a couple of days off work and spend it with my DD who means the world to me

there was nothing to show at the scan so Ive had an ealy miscariage. They did find a cyst in my left ovary so going to send my notes tto my GP and see what he has to say. I knew from the start that something wasnt right. I never had many symptoms only tiredness so was expecting something but you never know. Going to take a couple of days off work and spend it with my DD who means the world to me

im so sorry for you, i am 4wks 4days and when i went to the toilet i had a little blood when i wiped, i am now having a little brown discharge when i wipe, im so worried, did yours start with a little blood or was it like a period, i just dont know what to do xxx

Im sorry about your loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"