• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Bleeding but only when I wipe

Hope13

Reaction score
I think it is all going wrong for me. I just have this nagging doubt. I had an early scan last week and they said I was 5 weeks. I thought I was further on but because if pcos, they said I may have ovulated later. I am now 6 weeks and 1 day. I have had brownish discharge, now and again darkish red but only when I pop some toilet roll up there to look further. Sorry, tmi. I have rested totally for the past two days but again when I investigate further, there is pink blood. I am so upset and just feel this is torture. I have had a sharp stabbing like pain near my right ovary for about a minute today and also yesterday. I have another scan booked in for next Thursday. I only have veiny boobs (with spider veins) so I don't think it is looking good. I really don't know how I will get through this if it goes wrong. Xx

Aw please try not to worry (yeah i know). It doesn't sound awful to me, i also have sharp pains, cramps etc and did last time too so they can be normal. As for the bleeding it really sounds minimal, it could even be that lots of checking etc is disrupting your cervix? From what i understand most miscarriages involve much more pronounced symptoms.
Its hard to know that things really are out of your hands, but it can be comforting too x

I'm so sorry . I'd call your dr....maybe they'll want to do an earlier scan. I bled with my son for ten weeks, and all was fine, so it could go either way. So sorry though. I know how stressful it is.

Aw please try not to worry (yeah i know). It doesn't sound awful to me, i also have sharp pains, cramps etc and did last time too so they can be normal. As for the bleeding it really sounds minimal, it could even be that lots of checking etc is disrupting your cervix? From what i understand most miscarriages involve much more pronounced symptoms.
Its hard to know that things really are out of your hands, but it can be comforting too x

Thank you for replying. I did wonder if I have made things worse as I keep prodding up there to see what is happening. This is so draining, I have never experienced so much stress. Feel so low and am due back to work next week. If it is going to happen, I would rather it just happen as I can't really take much more. X

I did the exact same thing when I got spotting and a couple of clots. And I freaked out and thought I was losing the baby. I wasn't. Two scans have proved that. I also have PCOS and they re-dated my pregnancy by a few days (but I was expecting that).

If you don't have bad cramps - like a period in strength and duration or worse - and you are only getting light bleeds, the odds are that things are okay.

How bad are the stabbing pains? The fact that they are only for a minute is a good sign - are they bad twinges, or so painful you need to sit down or stop what you are doing?

I did the exact same thing when I got spotting and a couple of clots. And I freaked out and thought I was losing the baby. I wasn't. Two scans have proved that. I also have PCOS and they re-dated my pregnancy by a few days (but I was expecting that).

If you don't have bad cramps - like a period in strength and duration or worse - and you are only getting light bleeds, the odds are that things are okay.

How bad are the stabbing pains? The fact that they are only for a minute is a good sign - are they bad twinges, or so painful you need to sit down or stop what you are doing?

Hi Kate. Thank you for replying. I don't have any stomach ache or cramps thankfully apart from the twinges in my right ovary. They have totally stopped now. Could I ask Kate, where things worse when you moved about? I think this is what is happening with me. I am trying to take it easy and luckily am on annual leave from work this week. Obviously I have to get up now and again but am trying to lay down as much as possible. I had a tiny clot last night but that was when there was hardly any pink blood. The twinges wouldn't stop me from doing anything, they are just uncomfortable. I have been searching pcos sites but there doesn't seem to be much out there re this. How far along are you? Xx

I had bleeding in my last pregnancy (never found the cause) and spotting in this one. So stressful I know. I also have pretty bad cramping throughout 1st tri of all my pregnancies. hugs :hugs:

The bleeds stopped and started, and pretty predictably with how much I was trying to do (particularly lifting my 30lb toddler). So I'm now not allowed to lift her until after my first trimester screening - but other than that I'm working and doing my normal things. There was also more when I checked - so I think I was making it worse.

I'm now ten and a half weeks pregnant. Two perfect scans at 8 weeks and 9 weeks. No more bleeds since a couple of days before the 9 week scan.

Twinges are normal - I got a lot of them, and they freaked me out during my first pregnancy. This time I know to ignore them - unless they are very painful, or period-like cramps. Mild cramps and short-lived bad twinges are all par for the course - your uterus is expanding and the baby is still implanting as the placenta forms and connects.

The ultrasound tech at the second scan said 'you've got spotting, but no cramps, right? Then we don't need to do this! You're fine.'. She was right.

Thanks ladies. Bleeding getting worse with tiny clot and I am starting with back pain so I'm gonna sign off and leave the site for a while. I really think this is over. Hope you all have a h & h pregnancy x

Thanks ladies. Bleeding getting worse with tiny clot and I am starting with back pain so I'm gonna sign off and leave the site for a while. I really think this is over. Hope you all have a h & h pregnancy x

:( :hugs: Hopefully all is well with you and we see you back soon :hugs:

Good luck. Small clots don't necessarily mean the end. Hoping for good news for you.

I have had light spotting off & on since the day I found out I was expecting. I am now 10 + 4 and have been on progesterone for 29 days, the spotting hasn't completely stopped it has slowed way down. it has always iust been there when i wiped. my dr keep reassuring me that since I haven't had any cramps or heavy bleeding that all shoul be ok. We just keep doin blood work & as soon as the sono lady is back at the hospital i go in for a scan. I also have pcos & it took us 8.5 yrs to get pregnant with this little miracle. Praying for you.

:hugs: good luck hope,remember there are lots of friends here if you need them. I suffered a lot with bleeding and sometimes had clots,pain etc but he is upstairs napping right now. Pregnancy is so so different for everybody and what is ok for one isn't for another etc. il keep my toes crossed since my fingers are typing x

So sorry to read this, i hope everything turns out to be ok for you x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"