Bleeding but seen baby's heartbeat! :)

Nicola83

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my good news and hopefully reassure anyone going through the same.

I've been bleeding now for 5 days and I don't think it's letting up anytime soon. It's fairly light, ranges from brown/red to dark red and is usually only when I wipe after going to the loo.

I spoke to my midwife when it first happened (Monday) who did try to reassure me but I felt it was getting worse so went to A&E the next evening as I was freaking out!! I had a vaginal scan the following morning where we saw our little 'blob' and saw it's beautiful heartbeat - the relief was overwhelming :cloud9:

The lady doing the scan did say baby was measuring between 5 and 6 weeks though, 1-2 weeks behind what I thought. I was really surprised as although I don't know exactly when I ovulated I know when we did the 'baby making' and 5-6 weeks just doesn't seem to add up. Maybe it's just a little on the small side at the moment :shrug:

Anyway the lady doing the scan said she sees between 12 and 15 ladies a day who come in having some bleeding and the vast majority are all ok which is really good news :)

And just to share, here is my blob :)

Attachments

• 10472212_10152487138368703_1554666187_n.jpg
    10472212_10152487138368703_1554666187_n.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 18
Hi, I didn't wanna read n run
I was 12 wks pregnant last June 2013 and started to bleed heavy, I went to a&e and got scanned n gynae and they found the baby lyin bk absolutely fine, dr cudnt explain why I was bleeding, he lukd and didn't see y? This bleeding continued until almost 21wks! Sometimes heavy sometimes light. I panicked because I had 2 mmc in the past and was convinced this wud be No 3!
On Dec 19th 2013 Nathan was born fit n healthy! I call him my miracle baby, I honestlythought iI'd never get to hold him. He was 6months yesterday and hes totally fine. Dr cud never explain wat was goin on and I was gettin scanned weekly, he said sometimes women bleed for no reason. I hope this comforts u and I hope all goes well xxx

Glad to hear u saw your bean. This is my 6th pregnancy and I bled with my last too. Bleeding with this one and all is good. Baby's heart is thumping away and looks great. They can't id a bleeding source but they say that's usually the case. Fingers crossed all goes well for u.

Just remember that sperm can live for up to a week inside you so just because you dtd doesn't mean you conceived right away. And both my kids measured 5-7 days smaller than my lmp the whole way through my pregnancy so measuring small isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are a whole host of factors too that can affect that measurement-whether or not they did a transvaginal scan, the strength of the ultrasound machine, the skill of the technician, where the baby implanted, etc. I was once told that if you went in even 3 hours later, same tech same machine, you'd get a whole different set of measurements.

I had brown stringy spotting which eventually turned into full fledged dark, red blood and jelly clots. Everything so far is okay <3

congrats for the wonderful scan, your blob is cute :happydance:

Ive had some very similar things going on this week. Im not six weeks along and on 5w6days I had a gush of blood then nothing. Then 24 hours later heavy bleeding and cramping for about three hours. Then nothing again just little brown spotting. My doctor sent me for blood work both days said it looks normal. Also went for an ultrasound Thursday. Baby seems to be doing just fine. No reason for concern. Heart was beating at 146bpm. Ive also had clots through this bleeding including when we bd last night, with more blood but not much. Really weird but doctor said until its really painful theres no reason to worry. Some women bleed through the whole pregnancy! Happy to hear my little bean is doing well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"