bleeding/discharge post baby is something wrong... **TMI**

Laura1984

Ruby's Mummy
Reaction score
Hi Girls!

I feel like I've barely been on here since Ruby has been born just havent had the time between boobs, poo and visitors!! :rofl: but i wouldnt change it for the world... except to be able to catch up on here a bit more!!

Anyway my problem/question
Ruby is 15 days old today & for the past week, my bleeding hasn't been bleeding it is more like a discharge although not thick. it ranges from orange to almost illuminous green not in the slightest bit red and doesnt smell very nice :( - but when i was bleeding that didnt smell too hot either, much, much worse than a period! do you think this is normal or has anyone else has this?

Bit of background incase it matters.... my waters broke 48hrs before i delivered, Ruby pooed during the late stages of labour, i had a 2nd degree tear & i'm breast feeding!

HELP!!!!!!!

xx

You know about my bleeding - nothing like you've described.

When are you seeing the MW or HV next hun? I'm not sure but you'd think bad smelling and odd colours might indicate an infection??? x

Thats what i thought but i was hoping not :( but i had a swab 3 days pp because i was convinced something wasnt right but came back ok.
if it was an infection what happens? what causes it etc?
xx

I dunno but I dont think it sounds right, esp as you've felt so shitty recently. I know its a bit TMI but I'd keep a pad and take it to the Drs. x

If you think you have an infection, go in! I was in the hospital all day as I thought I had an infection. For me they did a urine test, blood tests, an ultrasound and gave me an IV. Turns out I have a bad bladder infection and they are getting back to me about the rest.

For now all they gave me was a prescription for some antibiotics, but I would recommend getting checked out.

Hiya Laura! :wave: How's little Ruby?

I think you have to have that seen to asap, I had an infection with my first and ended up in total agony (couldn't walk) and it was my worst fear this time round :hugs:

:hug:
hope you feel better.
my discharge was red and and finally just faded away. i think it is best to see your doctor/HV/or midwife as i was told my bleeding should be just red (may get brown towards the end) and not smelly or with clots.

Christine
XXX

I'd get into the doctors asap as this sounds unusual to me! Better safe than sorry!!!

Go to the docs hun. My HV said if it smells offensive or is green/yellow it could be an infection... Get it checked out girly x

Hope likle Ruby is fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->