Bleeding During BM

littlemamana

Mommy to Colin
Reaction score
Hey... I'm sorry about the TMI here, but I've been suffering from constipation and I know other women here are as well so I'm just trying to see if anyone can relate to this. Due to the constipation/straining, I've developed really bad hemorrhoids which isn't too out of the ordinary for me since I get them quite a bit but because of them I'm bleeding a lot when I have a bowel movement. For the most part it's been just a little blood but tonight it looked like I had had my period into the toilet and I'm freaking out that somethings really wrong. I know it's rectal bleeding not vaginal so it's not an issue with the baby - phew - I haven't had any bleeding in that area during my pregnancy. I go to the doctor on Wednesday but I am worried until then... Anyone else having this too? :nope:

I haven't had it because I haven't been constipated at all, but my brother had that happen once when he was constipated. He was super freaked out by it but was fine. (I'm sure he would be thrilled to know I'm sharing!) I am sure you will be OK too, don't worry about it but do mention to the Dr. while you are there.

I have had something more minor like that, I think. I see red in my stool, at least. Doctor didn't want to do anything about it until my constipation was over, so I'm going to be eating lots more fiber.

I've had bleeding when I wipe before pregnancy from hemorrhoids (yuck) and my GP just gave me something to treat it with. As far as I can tell doctors treat it like no big deal as long as it's really hemorrhoids.

If I were you I'd call just due to the amount and make sure the doctor is OK with you waiting until your visit. They like you to call with questions!

I havent been having that issue recently.. but when ever in the past I have, I'd eat 1 Fiber One Bar a day. It's what works for me, softens the stool to give the hemmeroids time to heal. Once I was healed I eat maybe 2 of them a week or when ever a feel any constipation starting up. I think its my prenatals that make me constipated.

Ah, just yucky isn't it? :( I've had this happen 3 times throughout my pregnancy now, the last time it was like you described, looked like I started my period :dohh: I haven't had any complications though and my thoughts on it (as I asked my MW after the first time!), if there's no cramping or pain associated with it, don't worry! I'm lucky and it only happens maybe once a month, that I notice anyways cause I try not to pay attention when I wipe... but my little girl is quite perfect in there still (as she's beating on my insides :haha: ) xx

i had this during my last pregnancy. i phoned my midwife who told me it quite common after a bm especially if you've been straining x

Like the other girls said, I think it is normal however horrible. Have you tried fybrogel for the constipation and something like anusol for the hemorrhoids? X

how long does it take for the hemorrhoids to go away while treating them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"