Bleeding during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by CarlandMolly, Apr 19, 2009.

1. CarlandMolly

CarlandMolly Well-Known Member

Yesterday Molly was bleeding down below and I rushed her to the hospital of course, she had a wee sample and there was no blood in it, tomorrow she is having a listening for the heartbeat, and if they cannot hear it (as it is early or worse) a scan.

I just want to know has this happened to anyone else? I am extremely worried but having to put on a brave face. Thanks for any help

2. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

Hi, I had a little bleed at 12 weeks, it can be completely normal, it was for me but it's best to get checked out. Insist on a scan as all pregnant women are entitled to have one not just listen to the heartbeat. Many things can cause it so always best to look on ultrasound. Don't be fobbed off with the 'let's see what happens' approach.

3. shortiecjx

shortiecjx 1 gorgeous son x

Hi i had a bleed at 14 weeks... went for a scan and everything was perfect... They said could have been something called a breakthrough bleed which some women get when their period would have been due or could also be an infection or the placenta being low...
    Definitely have a scan and theyl let you know....
    Just wanted to let you know that bleeding doesnt always mean something serious..
    Good luck !! x

4. missbingohead

missbingohead Well-Known Member

hi there :0)
    try not to worry to much lots of women bleed.
    i myself with this pregnancy had a massive pv bleed at 13 weeks and was admitted to hospital as it just would not slow down, i had a scan the next day and turned out i had an area of bleeding in the womb, was told that if the body cant absorbe the blood then it has to come out.
    but my baby was fine, in fact was told nothing to do with baby just a problem with me.
    the bleeding did slow down and go from red to brown and then got lighter and lighter as time went on it all stopped by 18 weeks.
    im now nearly 22 weeks had my detailed scan on friday and everything is fantastic all bleeding gone.
    xxxxxxxxx

5. xGemx

xGemx Mum of Two x

I had one two weeks ago. I went to the day assessment unit at the hospital and they sent me away. I wasn't happy so paid for a private scan and they found an internal bleed which was a placental abruption. Also they found my placenta is very low. I got back in touch with the hospital and explained what I'd done. As a concequence I was asked to go back in and I was then admitted for a few days for monitoring. Don't panic but make sure your OH trusts her instincts, like I did. It's for the best. I'm now getting regular scans and intense monitoring most weeks to make sure everything is OK as my pregnancy is unstable. If you're not happy, get yourself checked out. It can never do any harm. Other than to your bank balance perhaps but I think thats a bit irrelevant in the grand sceme of things. All the best xxx