Bleeding for over 1 week

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by jenncs23, Oct 20, 2008.

1. jenncs23

jenncs23 Member

Hi, I'm new here and I should be about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. I started bleeding on Oct. 10th and went to the ER. My hcg level was 86 and I was told to come back Monday to repeat bloodwork. That day my level went up to 169. The Dr. said this was a good sign but I continued to bleed for 9 days straight. I have an us cheduled for this Wednesday and am very nervous. Has anyone ever bled like this and carried to term?

2. juliespencer9

juliespencer9 Well-Known Member

have you passed any clots or large lumps, if not u should be fine, alot of women on here seem to have bled

3. jenncs23

jenncs23 Member

Small clots occasionally, not too bad. I have really bad lower back pain also. I never bled at all with my other 2 children (3 and 6 years old.)

4. princess_vix

princess_vix Guest

I hope all works out hun.

Good luck :) x

5. juliespencer9

juliespencer9 Well-Known Member

i would say go to the hospital accident and emergency 2moro morning and tell them, they may scan u then.

6. krissie1234uk

I bled for abot 3 weeks, but most of that time it was brown blood. I had a few red bleeds and I passed some small (tiny tiny) clots too. Baby is fine up to now, I never got an explanation though! I stopped bleeding at 9 weeks ish and although I was so worried that it would come back, it hasn't up to now.
    Good luck hun! :hug: