Bleeding gums

kirbyland1986

expecting number 2
Reaction score
Is anyone else have bleeding guns everytime they do their teeth... And does anyone know how to get them in better condition... Got dentist in 10 mins and not looking forward to it :(

I have this though it seems to be worse in the evening! I've no idea how to make it better though so I'd be really interested to hear what your dentist says!

I have it too, everything softens in pregnancy including gums.

I've started using a soft toothbrush and Corsodyl mouthwash and it seems to be helping :flower:

xx

Corsodyl Mouthwash, what my dentist recommended. Helped me out a treat! You can get like the proper corsodyl mouthwash which you can only use a couple of times, i think its stronger stuff, but then they also do a dailys mouthwash which you can use daily to keep on top of the problem xx (i dont recommend the toothpaste tho :/ ) xx

I have this though it seems to be worse in the evening! I've no idea how to make it better though so I'd be really interested to hear what your dentist says!

dentist recommend just floss every day.... when baby here goes back to being in good condition.

I had this last pregnancy and my dentist told me it was important to keep brushing and not to worry about the fact that gums were bleeding because of it. And it did stop as soon as I had had my baby.

I would deffo recommend flossing, when your gums are soft and bleeding, you become prone to bacteria getting below the gumline - its sore on your gums but will prevent it from continuing after the birth xx

Mine don't bleed so much when I brush as when I floss. Then the taste of blood makes me gag. It's a vicious cycle ;)

Regular brushing and flossing. Also - if your gums are feeling inflamed at all swish with salt-water. That's what my dentist recommended to me.

https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/symptoms-and-solutions/gums-bleeding-sore.aspx

Unfortunately (because the taste is horrid) Corsodyl does work a treat but you're not meant to use it within 5-10 minutes of brushing your teeth.

I brush twice a day and have bleeding gums -- use regular mint mouthwaste to gargle and it stops the bleeding immediately -- I also floss after every meal (quick, tho) and would recommend not over-flossing as that can make gums very tender.

best wishes

Oh, mine just started bleeding every time I brush. It drives me nuts, but I was told to continue to brush and floss. I admit, I rarely floss....bad me

Oh, mine just started bleeding every time I brush. It drives me nuts, but I was told to continue to brush and floss. I admit, I rarely floss....bad me

I don't usually floss even though they did tell me to before i was pregnant but never did! but i possible will use those small brushes while i am pregnant then go back to just brushing them

Ok maybe flossing isnt a good idea my gums bled more than when I just brush them... Still is!

I'm having my teeth cleaned every 3 months right now and I haven't had bleeding comes (I did before I was pregnant). My hygienist said to use Corsodyl Daily Defence because it doesn't stain like the other Corsodyl mouthwash.

My dentist told me to watch out for bleeding gums and that if it gets to bad to go back in to see him. Pregnancy gingivitus is pretty normal--something about the extra hormones makes your gum line more sensitive.

I also agree with regular flossing to help fight it. You will probably bleed more at first but that should lessen as you continue to floss (I floss once a day and so far it's been working for me--he said my gums look pretty good considering I'm having twins :lol:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->