bleeding in early pregnancy

samj131

Reaction score
hi,
i am new to this site...i came across this on google after searching about bleeding in early pregnancy.
i found out i was pregnant 15th August and was over the moon after me and other half trying for 14 months after coming of the depo injection after an early miscarriage at the beginning of 2007.
i started bleeding 22nd August and went to my local A & E and they rushed me to EPU at the hospital
i then had a scan on the monday morning and they told me that baby was measuring 3mm which is 5/6 weeks and that they would do another scan in 2 weeks which is 7th september but i have been bleeding since then a passed some clots. doctor has signed me off sick for 2 weeks and i am now awaiting to go back to the hospital for another scan but dont want to get my hopes up too much as i have already gone through the upset, anger etc...
has anyone else gone through this? and what was the outcome?

Hello.

I went through some bleeding the last two times I was pregnant... both ended in an early miscarriage, though. However, bleeding can be associated with a normal pregnancy, and one of my family friends bled all through her pregnancy (and her daughter is definitely here and doing well!).

For me, though it started out as light spotting and would come and go. Really light spotting though and my hCG levels, while low, were rising appropriately. About a week later (@6 weeks) the cramping started to happen at regular intervals (every 10 minutes or so) and I noticed a larger amount of blood for the first time. I went to the ER and they watched me for quite a while. While I was there the bleeding got heavier and heavier and the cramping became very intense. I miscarried fully the next day.

The second time the same things happened, but I didn't spot for days beforehand, just started bleeding and that was that.

It's a really good sign that they could see your sac on the ultrasound. I know some women just bleed during their pregnancy, and another friend I knew bled until she passed a clot and then it was over... the pregnancy went to term.

My first pregnancy with my son (who is now almost 6) had some bleeding around 7 weeks. Just light. They did an ultrasound and there was the little gummibear, totally fine.

Have you had your hCG monitored at all? I work in an IVF clinic and we follow our patients if there are difficulties when they are pregnant through our Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit. I have seen cases where the hCG levels are doing well... then drop, a little bleeding and pick up again. THis can be due to a twin pregnancy with one terminating.

There are lots of reasons. If you are experiencing the intense regular cramps along with the bleeding, and the bleeding gets very heavy, I would be worried. If you've got just the bleeding, and they can see the sac, I would try (I know it's hard) to stay positive. Stranger things have happened. :)

Best of luck, keep us updated.

Sarah

hi sarah,
thanks for your post
i havent had my HCG levels monitored - i did the in the 1st pregnancy. i am trying to stay positive but finding it really hard as we have been trying for 14 months for a baby. i also feel like it is something i have/havent done that may have caused this to happen to me for a second time.
i have got another scan on 7th September (6days) and i will know then.
my pregnancy symptoms keep coming and going which is really strange.
the bleeding has nearly stopped now.
i will keep you updated and thanks x

Bled up until 20 weeks with both of my pregnancies and have 2 healthy children! =)......I am not bleeding with this one yet......What they called it was a 'sub-chorionic hemorrhage' (where the baby implants, there is still some bleeding)....

hope this helps,

Angellica

Hello.

I went through some bleeding the last two times I was pregnant... both ended in an early miscarriage, though. However, bleeding can be associated with a normal pregnancy, and one of my family friends bled all through her pregnancy (and her daughter is definitely here and doing well!).

For me, though it started out as light spotting and would come and go. Really light spotting though and my hCG levels, while low, were rising appropriately. About a week later (@6 weeks) the cramping started to happen at regular intervals (every 10 minutes or so) and I noticed a larger amount of blood for the first time. I went to the ER and they watched me for quite a while. While I was there the bleeding got heavier and heavier and the cramping became very intense. I miscarried fully the next day.

The second time the same things happened, but I didn't spot for days beforehand, just started bleeding and that was that.

It's a really good sign that they could see your sac on the ultrasound. I know some women just bleed during their pregnancy, and another friend I knew bled until she passed a clot and then it was over... the pregnancy went to term.

My first pregnancy with my son (who is now almost 6) had some bleeding around 7 weeks. Just light. They did an ultrasound and there was the little gummibear, totally fine.

Have you had your hCG monitored at all? I work in an IVF clinic and we follow our patients if there are difficulties when they are pregnant through our Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit. I have seen cases where the hCG levels are doing well... then drop, a little bleeding and pick up again. THis can be due to a twin pregnancy with one terminating.

There are lots of reasons. If you are experiencing the intense regular cramps along with the bleeding, and the bleeding gets very heavy, I would be worried. If you've got just the bleeding, and they can see the sac, I would try (I know it's hard) to stay positive. Stranger things have happened. :)

Best of luck, keep us updated.

Sarah

A friend of my sister's had a twin loss, and she did bleed like she was miscarrying......maybe this happens more than one realizes.....she did end up having an ultrasound and the other baby was fine and she ended up delivering a healthy baby~

....P.s. -I had numerous ultrasounds do to my bleedings in both pregnancies (this is in the United States)

hi angellicaa,
how heavy was your bleeding in your pregnancies? did you experience clotting as well or just bleeding?
sorry for all the questions just quite worried.
thanks
Sam x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"