• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Bleeding, low hcg, possible blighted ovum...DOCTORS APP UPDATE POST 14

yourstruly10

Reaction score
Hi ladies. By ovulation (temped and ovulation test tracked) I'm exactly 5 weeks today. Since finding out about this pregnancy on June 5th my life has been a wirlwind.

June 5th 3+1 found out I was pregnant

June 6th 3+2 started bleeding hcg 13

June 8th 3+4 still bleeding med flow bright red hcg 31ultrasound showed 6mm empty gestational sac

June 11th 4 weeks still bleeding but on and off. Hcg only 39

June 13th 4+2 bleeding stopped hcg 50 been told pregnancy is non viable

June 16th 4+6 still no bleeding. Ultrasound shows larger growing gestational sac. Irregular shaped but this can also be normal this early. Can't remember exact size but it's was something like 1.5 by 3 by 1.8 ish in centimeters. Still empty but normal for 4+6. Hcg has started doubling again. 163.

Now they tell me they think it's a blighted ovum but I'm pushing for another ultrasound because I know it's way to soon to say that for sure. However my hcg has been crap. If it keeps doubling now does this pregnancy stand any chance? I'm not really to hopeful and have already geieved for it. But now I'm curious if anyone else has ever been through something like this. I see my ob again on Friday.

Dnt know anythink about this but hopeing everythink turns out ok for u x

I'm sorry you're going through all of this (I've been following your posts) :(

I don't know why they would even say anything about a blighted ovum this early. There is no way they can diagnose it this early. At the earliest, it shouldn't be diagnosed until you are at least 9 weeks or the sac reaches 25 mm and still empty. I'm not saying that it absolutely couldn't be, but to say that at this stage and add more stress and worry...

I had levels over 18,000 at 6+1 and had an empty sac (not even a yolk sac). An ultrasound at 7+4 showed everything caught up. Even at my 6+1 scan they just left it at it's normal and follow up in 10 days.

Honestly, I would take everything they are saying with a grain of salt for now. I'm all for them being honest with the reality and possibility of things, but it's like they are giving you a new diagnosis and something new to worry about every time you go when there isn't very good evidence to support everything they are saying.

I'm sorry you're under so much stress. Don't give up hope just yet. You're still very early to make any kind of determination :hugs:

Thanks ladies :)

I edited to post and added what I think they said the size was. I remember the 1.8 by 3 by ?? for sure. I'm not sure how many mm that makes the sac since they told me 3 different sizes. I'm seeing my ob on Friday and he's great so I'm going to push for another ultrasound and maybe more blood work . I've still had no more bleeding but I also have zero pregnancy symptoms lol. It's really just a waiting game now. But un needed stress 2 months before my wedding. Lol

I know its awful being in limbo. Hopefully things go smoother soon enough. But yes its far too early for them to even say it could be a blighted ovum. But unfortunately there are many drs etc who judge pregnancy by the book. By at least 7 weeks, something should be seen on ultrasound. If not, then i would start to wonder. But by 9 weeks if nothing has shown up in the sac, then yes it would be a blighted ovum. But until you are that far along or your hcg starts dropping you are still in the game. For some odd reason some babies just take longer than others.

How are you holding up?

Awe thank you for asking. I'm ok. Doing my best not to stress out. Hubby is so positive that everythibg is going to be ok because of how early on I am but my hcg levels make me worry way to much. Maybe they are doubling now maybe they aren't. Doctors appointment is finally tomorrow but even then I know I'll have to wait again for either blood work or a new ultrasound.

I hope it all goes well :hugs: And I'm glad that your husband is staying positive. It's a hard position to be in, and it's kind of nice to have someone keeping positive and being supportive when it's so hard to be positive yourself. :hugs:

I've been following your posts and I hope all works out for you. I'm going through a similar situation. They saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac at 6w6d but no fetal pole. I went for another scan at 7w5d and we saw a baby with no heartbeat. They diagnosed me with a blighted ovum but I think they are diagnosing me too soon since my hcg levels are increasing and am holding on to some hope that we just have a slow growing bean this time. Hopefully both of our LOs will catch up and we'll both see good, strong heartbeats in a couple weeks!

Good luck! I think it's still way too early to tell. I agree with a previous poster, at 7 weeks it's good to see if there is a heartbeat, but any earlier may be too early.

I've had low rising hcg myself so the doc has me prepared for a miscarriage. But we saw a heartbeat on Monday at 7 weeks 2 days, so I'm not giving up hope and you shouldn't either!

I've been following your posts and I hope all works out for you. I'm going through a similar situation. They saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac at 6w6d but no fetal pole. I went for another scan at 7w5d and we saw a baby with no heartbeat. They diagnosed me with a blighted ovum but I think they are diagnosing me too soon since my hcg levels are increasing and am holding on to some hope that we just have a slow growing bean this time. Hopefully both of our LOs will catch up and we'll both see good, strong heartbeats in a couple weeks!

Good luck to you too! Thinking good thoughts and for our little ones to grow strong and healthy!

Oh wow lilmiscaviar I'm so sorry your going through something similar. With the fact that you've had changes on your ultrasound and your hcg is still rising I'd have hope also. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you. I hope babe is just taking its time and growing right :)

Doctors appointment this morning in 4 hours. I'm beyond nervous. I had some cramping last night but it felt more like the growing cramping I had with my other three. Still zero pregnancy symptoms though. Unless now that I think of it my cm has increased tons. I know I won't get diffinitive news today but I'm hoping he will book more blood work and a new ultrasound. We will see.

On the plus side I finally have some progression going on after them staying the same (explained by my numbers not moving for a few days).

Today top
two days ago bottom
https://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb343/yourstruly20102011/Mobile%20Uploads/20150619_064735.jpg

And dried
https://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb343/yourstruly20102011/Mobile%20Uploads/20150619_072016.jpg

Well it wasn't the best but it wasn't the worst doctors appointment. Basically my hormone levels suck so far. He isn't doing more blood work but I will have another ultrasound around the 30th of June. I just have to wait for the call now. Yay for limbo for 2 more weeks. :(

I hear you. The waiting is torture. Glad to hear your levels may finally be starting to rise! Fingers crossed for you at your ultrasound :)

I am currently stuck in a waiting game too... it's awful isn't it?! At least they didn't give you any totally bad news. Thinking of you and hoping all goes well at next appt!

Hoping and praying for good news on the 29th at my ultrasound.
today I have major bloating crazy amounts of cm and slightly tender to touch Boobs. And I keep feeling major gas bubbles and shifting in my tummy. And to top it off this was my last frer today with a 30 min hold and I can't imagine it getting much darker :) :)

Please please please don't be a blighted ovum
https://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb343/yourstruly20102011/Mobile%20Uploads/20150621_094431.jpg

I can tell you right now its defeinitely NOT a blighted ovum. That was rulled out the second there was the yolk in the sac. A blighted ovum ONLY counts for a completely empty sac. So the only bad thing that could happen is a normal mc. From everything you have said, its not ectopic or a blighted ovum. So hopefully its just a slow growing baby and wont end in a mc. But you can at least breathe a little easier knowing its neither one of those. You cant have a blighted ovum if there is something in the sac :)

Thanks orionfox.

Edit sorry just realized you were replying to lilmiscaviar

Unfortunately my gestational sac on Tuesday was completely empty. No yolk and no fetal pole. I'm hoping there will be something on the 29th buteverything I read on non doubling hcg ends badly :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"