Bleeding, normal or not??

ds0910

Mom; 2 angel babies
Reaction score
So I have had 2 mc and have 2 children here. I am currently 5+6 with #3. So yesterday I had a bout of bright red blood, not enough to soil underwear but enough to cover toilet paper and take about 3 wipes to get it all. Called ob who had me come in, drew bloods (waiting on results, will probably be tomorrow though) and did a vaginal ultrasound. Ultrasound showed the sack was still attached to my uterus and appeared to be firmly attached but measured 5+3 so too early to see anything else but they thought they saw the beginning of a yolk sack. Basically she said that she couldn't say that I wouldn't miscarry but that everything she could see goes along with how far along I am and she thought it was ok. But now today I had another bout of bleeding, and strangely enough it happened at exactly the same time as yesterday and it appears to have pretty much stopped after that one toilet trip just like yesterday.
Have any of y'all had several bouts of bright red bleeding and everything was perfectly fine? I am preparing myself for the worst but trying to stay hopeful. TIA

I bled on and off until about 8 weeks with my son and everything turned out fine!
I went well past 40 weeks, lol the little brat was stubborn then and now 4 years later is just as stubborn!
Try not to worry too much about it.

My last pregnancy I bled after my vaginal ultrasound and my doctor assured me it was totally normal. I bet that's what your bleeding today was from. I also had unexplained (heavy) bleeding last pregnancy and they never could determine the cause. Fx for you!!

My last pregnancy I bled after my vaginal ultrasound and my doctor assured me it was totally normal. I bet that's what your bleeding today was from. I also had unexplained (heavy) bleeding last pregnancy and they never could determine the cause. Fx for you!!

Thank you. Yesterday after the ultrasound I did have some light, maroon I guess, bleeding or really more like spotting which I didn't worry about as I was kind of expecting it after the ultrasound especially since pushed pretty hard so she could get my ovaries too, but the bleeding today was bright red again, so I'm kind of leaning towards it not being related to the ultrasound. It would be great is in fact what caused it!!
Thank you both very much for your responses. It makes me feel a little bit better. It's just that the waiting in limbo for a week or even possibly more is TORTURE for ANY pregnant woman and especially for women who have had MC's. I just want to know either way. Waiting SUX!!!!

Any blood would worry me... I yad 3 mcs and with my daughter i had just a slight bit of brown blood early like 6 weeks but the following week we saw the HB and shes 2yo now.

Im sure youre already on careful watch, which is pretty much all anyone can do at this early point anyways. Hope it clears up soon, hun ❤

Me! I spotted at 5 weeks 2 days 5 weeks 4 days and 5 weeks 6 days. On the 5 and 4 days i thought it was a mc. It was red and lots of it in cm but only on the tissue. Went for an early scan. Saw the hb at 5 weeks 6 days. The dr said only worry when it becomes heavy like cutting the palm of your hand. He said there was a 100 reasons a why a women could spot. I never expected to be ok and so far i am x

Just a really quick update. Got my levels back today and they looked good, so my regular ob agrees with the one I saw Wednesday when I started bleeding that I am just having early pregnancy bleeding for whatever reason, but they are doing another ultrasound when I go back Monday to make sure. In the mean time I have been put on complete pelvic rest and told to stay off my feet as much as possible and to drink lots of water. All this made me feel a little better about everything, but I'm still a nervous wreck of course. Monday can't get here fast enough

Thats great. Has it stopped now too? Sounds like you should be fine x

Thats great. Has it stopped now too? Sounds like you should be fine x
No, it's still off and on. It seems to slow down a lot if not all together if I don't move around much and just lay or sit, so I'm trying to do that as much as I possibly can. Keeping my fingers crossed

Ok so I went for my first official ob appointment. They did another ultrasound and we saw a heartbeat!!!!!!! So baby is ok and snuggled up in the "corner" of the sac lol. So relieved!! Still nervous of course but baby is hanging in there and bleeding has been stopped now for about 4 days. Still on restrictions until bleeding has been stopped for a full week and after that I'm free to do everything I could do without bleeding. Thanks so much for the support ladies!

Ok so I went for my first official ob appointment. They did another ultrasound and we saw a heartbeat!!!!!!! So baby is ok and snuggled up in the "corner" of the sac lol. So relieved!! Still nervous of course but baby is hanging in there and bleeding has been stopped now for about 4 days. Still on restrictions until bleeding has been stopped for a full week and after that I'm free to do everything I could do without bleeding. Thanks so much for the support ladies!

Just to let you know i had a healthy 12 week scan yesterday after spotting like you. When i announced my pregnancy yesterday i was told by a girl who has a five month old her pregnancy started the same. If babies heart is beating its probably just you thats spotting if that makes sense. Great news to see this morning though. Bet you are so relieved xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->