Bleeding red in week 5. Anyone have any success stories?

I had a lot of pain last night it woke me up and this morning I felt nauseous again like I did on Friday and the red blood started again. Felt just like a gush and not much more. I have been lying down a lot though so maybe I haven't given it a chance to come out properly yet. My husband called the doctors this morning and told them we wanted to see someone today so I am going in. I'm not expecting the results to be any good but at least my husband will be with me. I'm also a little scared for ectopic at this stage. I did have a really early scan last Monday (don't know why the doctor wanted to look that early as there wouldn't be anything there, suspect she just wanted to charge me for the ultrasound) she did say I was pregnant and didn't think it was ectopic but she didn't explain anything or tell me why she didn't. Also wondering if I could of had two and one is ectopic I don't know. Anyway hopefully I will get some sort of answers today even if they aren't the ones I want. I'll let you know later.

Hope you get answers from today's appointment
Good luck with it
Don't let then fob you off. I'm sure your husband will.stand his ground and demand answers. It can be a daunting time for you
X

Well I still have it! They managed to see the gestational sac and a yolk sac but no fetal pole yet but I'm only at 5w 4days (5w 3 days according to measurements but I think it is okay to be out by one day). Doctor says my cervix was closed, I have stopped bleeding and I have to go back in on Friday hopefully to see the fetus and a a heartbeat. Doctor doesn't know what will happen. He says it could go either way.

As for answers and stuff my husband isn't so clued up with medical or scientific things, even in Japanese so I had to teach him a few things. The doctor couldn't speak much English but he tried his best and my OH translated the best he could. He was a very kind doctor and he explained much more than when I had a bad experience in another clinic with a lady doctor who could speak perfect English. The reason I could have an English speaker was it was late notice emergency. I think I can ask more questions and get more answers on Friday as I will be seeing an English speaking doctor. I was very impressed with the service I got at that hospitals I far so even if I have bad news, I will use that hospital in the future.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me!

https://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh304/nikorusama/Mobile%20Uploads/6F678EFD-BB6B-4EAB-AA32-7B008F822446.jpg

I'm so happy for you. Some relief at least
Good luck for friday

Yay, so happy all is well and in the right place!

My fingers are crossed for you! Looks like good news so far! :)

Started bleeding again and there were some big clots this time. In massive amount of pain and I'm pretty sure that means it's over. Just feels a little cruel to have some hope and then to lose it.
I have to go back to the hospital today because they said to come in if I had any more bleeding and hopefully they will give me some pain killers.

I started reading your story yesterday morning, when I started bleeding, now woken up with the pain and can't sleep. Bleeding quite a bit now. I've got a scan in the morning at 9. I've lost any hope now, this has got to be a full on mc. I keep reading stories of women bleeding lots and yet everything is ok, but I can't see I'll have luck like that. But hopefully you will have some good news.

Good look natnee, I don't think I have any hope left either. The pain is too much and the bleeding was lots.

Just wondering, have you already had a transvaginal ultrasound before this happened? I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. I know I sound crazy, but there are many stories of completely healthy babies miscarrying hours after the transvaginal ultrasound and I'm not sure it's totally coincidence. Anyway I know next time I'm going to try not to have any ultrasounds until 12 weeks if possible.

My doctors appointment is at 1:30, it's now 12 so I'll let you know what happens but I'm almost certain of the outcome.

Chin up lovely, you will be just fine given time, and you never know it might not be the end for you just yet. Take care of yourself.

Good look natnee, I don't think I have any hope left either. The pain is too much and the bleeding was lots.

Just wondering, have you already had a transvaginal ultrasound before this happened? I'm wondering if that has something to do with it. I know I sound crazy, but there are many stories of completely healthy babies miscarrying hours after the transvaginal ultrasound and I'm not sure it's totally coincidence. Anyway I know next time I'm going to try not to have any ultrasounds until 12 weeks if possible.

My doctors appointment is at 1:30, it's now 12 so I'll let you know what happens but I'm almost certain of the outcome.

Chin up lovely, you will be just fine given time, and you never know it might not be the end for you just yet. Take care of yourself.

No I hadn't had any ultrasounds. It was Sunday evening when noticed bit bit of cm when wiped but just normal colour, then yesterday morning it was brown, which went pink and then by the afternoon proper bleeding. Just been like a period now. Fingers crossed for you, :hugs: It's 4 in the morning in uk and just can't sleep, so will have to wait out the next few hours.

I'm originally from the UK and living in Japan at the moment. I've only been here 6 months and it's pretty awful having to navigate an unfamiliar system when things are going wrong. Today I called the hospital who advertise they are able to speak English...so my husband always makes me call, anyway, they don't speak good English at all and the last time I kept being asked for my due date and whether my waters had broke! I kept trying to tell them I was only 5 weeks and bleeding. Anyway I got an appointment in the end but they seemed a little angry.

I already posted this else where but wanted to let you know.

Okay so I need some advice. I went to the hospital today and it's still there...and there is another one too so it would have been twins! There is a big clot round one of them and fetus could be found in both however there was no heartbeat in either. I'm only 5w 6 days, 6 at most. They wanted to schedule a d&c today but I asked if I could wait a week . Probably one of them is lost, the bleeding is not good but maybe the other one might survive. What do you think? The doctor sounded absolutely certain that it was bad. But I told her I knew my ovulation date and I was only 5w 6days and then she agreed that maybe we could wait. I can't understand why she wouldn't want to wait just to be sure! She sounded really convincing as well so if I hadn't done any research I would have just let her do it.

I mean I'm not too positive myself and I think it's probably over but I want to know for sure it's over, plus two days ago they couldn't even see one of the sacs or the foetuses so maybe they just missed the heartbeats. I just want to be certain.

They didn't measure the larger sac (the one without the clot round it) but I think it looks bigger and might be on track. The smaller one seems to say it's only measuring at 4w but maybe that's due to the angle?
The fetal poles are 2.7mm and 2.5mm so they said we should be hearing a heartbeat. But I read it can only be certain when they are over 5mm and no heartbeat plus only 2 days ago they completely missed on sac and couldn't see a fetal pole at all in the one they found so this indicates to me that maybe it has grown in the 2 days and we should wait a little more. But she also said the CRL was 4mm...I don't know how these measurements are taken, can they be that inaccurate?

What would you do?

Wow! Well I know nothing at all about the measurements and relevance of those but i think I definitely think along the same lines as you and wait, it surely can't hurt to wait and see what happens. Good luck! xx

Ya I would wait for sure. Hb usually can't be found until after six weeks. There is no rush for a d&c!

I would definitely wait hon! I'm sorry you are going through this, I had a "vanishing twin" with this pregnancy (no bleeding though) so I know how sad it can be. they say they can detect heartbeats "as early as" 6 weeks, but I've seen cases where they aren't found until 7+. I would wait it out, if the outcome isn't good (FX this isn't the case) then you can at least give your body a chance to do things naturally which would be better than a D&C. it seems to me that Drs always rush to do procedures. :hugs: hope things get better for you.

fx for 2 heartbeats in a couple of weeks they only saw a heartbeat after my 6 week mark is the clot not the source of the bleeding ? hugs keep us updated

Agreed - I'd definitely wait. Fingers crossed for you!

Definitely wait it out! Here to hoping for the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->