Bleeding scare...now barely spotting. Help!

ashleyg

Mama to three
Reaction score
I am almost 5 weeks pregnant. Last night I had a light gush of light pink blood. I "spotted" (it was a little heavier than spotting but not full on bleeding) for about 2-3 hours or so. No cramping or bright red blood. I went to the ER, they did an abdominal u/s and a vaginal u/s. I bled a little after the abdominal u/s but I think that was because he was pushing on my stomach a lot. After the vaginal, I stopped bleeding and only spotted a little bit.

They took my blood and my beta came back at 1588 (last Saturday they were at a 65) So they definately increased. They were also able to see a 4mm sack in my uterus.

This afternoon there's barely anything on the toilet paper when i pee. Maybe a speck or two of brownish/yellowish blood. Some other times it's almost like dried blood on the toilet paper. I'm going in tomorrow to get my blood redrawn to make sure my levels are still increasing. Does this sound good and like things are settling?? I read that it might be implantation or break through bleeding...my doctor also suggested it might be that. So I'm hoping that's all it was.

Positive stores would be really appreciated.

I passed a golf ball sized clot with my first pregnancy. Two weeks later and baby was fine. Doctors said I had a cyst in my uterus close to the baby.

One time I was having pain. Found a cyst on my ovary.

I also had spotting last night for a few hours and a couple pebble sized clots. I have a healthy bean and a random mystery sac. Could be sch or a vanishing twin.

Oh I think I bled 5w2d with my last or had excruciating pain since I went in for a scan. I was fine. :)

So only being 5 weeks, seeing a sac is really all they expect to see. If you are worried or continue bleeding, I would request a follow up ultrasound on Friday. :). But good news is they didn't see anything else :). So I am inclined to go with what they said.

Yeah I knew they wouldn't see anything since I'm so early. But I guess I just want to be reassured that since I'm hardly spotting that things are okay? I know that no one can say for sure but any similar experiences would help. It feels like forever until Tuesday when I'll get my results back.

That sounds so scary. I would be freaking out even more. I am glad baby was okay! I hope that it's the same for me

I meant more like if the bleeding was from something worrisome, usually they'll see something else in there like a cyst or random sac or blood clots. So if they saw just your gestational sac, nothing in there is threatening your beanie. :)

Were you having any severe pain? That's the other give away. I went to the ER for my own piece of mind and because I am weak and dizzy for the last week. The advice nurse said it was unnecessary if I wasn't having any pain. But I know they do still like to have you see a doctor within 48 hours of spotting with Kaiser.

Probably just little beanie digging away and getting cozier. I threw your numbers into a doubling calculator and they came back at 36 hours which is great! :)

Oh and I also went because I had clots. Spotting is one thing. Passing clots is another. Clots = instant panic to me.

I totally would panic too if I had clots!
I had no cramping or pain or anything. Just the off and on spotting/light bleeding. It still scared me because I never bled with my daughter

Hugs. I've read about women who bled with one and not the other. Hoping your little boo is okay in there :) No pain, no clots, no mystery spots sounds good to me.

I had some light spotting with my second pregnancy at around 4 weeks. I also had cramps. It can be super common in early pregnancy however I've also seen it go the other way. There's no way really to tell this early... Very encouraging that they saw a sac that's pretty much on target for 5 weeks. If I were you I'd just write it off for now and wait and see. If it starts up again then I would contact Dr. Don't panic though bc even if it starts up again it could mean nothing at all! Sometimes woman just bleed a bit and no one ever figures out why. Odds are in your favor xx

Oh and I never bled for dd1 and dd2 I spotted! I thought for sure I was mis carrying but nope! She's a 2 year old terror now :)

Hugs. I've read about women who bled with one and not the other. Hoping your little boo is okay in there :) No pain, no clots, no mystery spots sounds good to me.

Thanks. I'm trying to think positive thoughts.

I had some light spotting with my second pregnancy at around 4 weeks. I also had cramps. It can be super common in early pregnancy however I've also seen it go the other way. There's no way really to tell this early... Very encouraging that they saw a sac that's pretty much on target for 5 weeks. If I were you I'd just write it off for now and wait and see. If it starts up again then I would contact Dr. Don't panic though bc even if it starts up again it could mean nothing at all! Sometimes woman just bleed a bit and no one ever figures out why. Odds are in your favor xx

I know...I've googled and it's pretty much 50/50. Most of what I've seen though says that if it's not bright red, heavy and there's no cramps that it's normal. So I'm trying to just think of that. I'm pretty much just going with the flow. going to get my bloods tomorrow and basically wait and see.

Thanks. I really hope they are in my favor

Oh and I never bled for dd1 and dd2 I spotted! I thought for sure I was mis carrying but nope! She's a 2 year old terror now :)

That's reassuring! Thank you! :)

Sorry to hear this Ash. Hope it all turns out ok :hugs:

Ashley I've had 3 mc that I bled with and all had strong cramping and total discomfort similar to early stages of labour. With ds I bled twice which turned out to be break through bleeding making me think I was pg and not realizing until 14 wks. Fx'd for tomorrow.

Sorry to hear this Ash. Hope it all turns out ok :hugs:

Thank you

Ashley I've had 3 mc that I bled with and all had strong cramping and total discomfort similar to early stages of labour. With ds I bled twice which turned out to be break through bleeding making me think I was pg and not realizing until 14 wks. Fx'd for tomorrow.

Did the break through bleeding last for a long time? Mine only lasted for 2-3hrs or so and it wasn't bright red which I read is a good thing

My periods are normally pretty light but with red blood. I wasn't ttc and wasn't suspecting I was pg because I bled at 4wks and 8wks. It was watery pinkish brown but I chalked it up to wonky periods. It was 12 yrs ago but I believe it was for a day or two that it lasted.

Thanks. The first gush was a watery pinkish brown too. Then it turned to a darker brownish red color towards the end of the night

I have been a bleeder in both of my pregnancies. I have spotted three times so far this pregnancy. Last night, I woke up with a gush of red blood and I went to the ER for my own peace of mind. Doppler had a nice little heartbeat, so it's back to pelvic bedrest for me. Sometimes, it's just one of those things.

Thanks for asking!

I got a blood draw on Monday and my numbers went from 1588 on Saturday to 3605. So I feel so much better about that. They moved my ultrasound up to Tuesday where I'll be 6w1d and we should be able to see/hear the heartbeat. I'm still spotting brown off and on but when I talked to them yesterday they didn't seem concerned because it's not red. But I still don't like seeing it. Once I see the ultrasound I know I'll feel a million times better about everything

That's excellent about the hcg levels increasing! I'm having some barely there brown spotting too, I've got my scan on Monday so we can update each other. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Same thing happened to me with my youngest. Bleeding around 5 weeks... My Dr at the time said its actually fairly common... Fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->