Bleeding/Spotting Scared :(

Lully2011

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I know I'm not in the right section but I thought you girls would know best,

I have been spotting yesterday and today I dont know what to do its not fresh blood its brown...if that makes any difference? Also its not heavy..sorry if this is tmi...anyone had the same and everything is ok?

I called my hosp and they want me in first thing tuesday for a early scan!

I do hope eveything is ok!!

awww hun, sorry you're having a tough time. I think the scan is best, but have never experienced what your having. Although have read that the brown stuff is 'better' than fresh red. Are you cramping badly at all? If not i would try not to worry and lay off any sex etc or other strenuous activity until the scan. :hugs: xx

I had red fresh spotting up to 6 weeks then again at nine and my baby is fine, try not to worry too much x

Hi,

Please try not to stress - I know it is difficult.

Have you had intercourse lately? That can cause an irritation and therefore a bleed.

It sounds like old blood though so it could just be some "remnants" from before leaving your body. More often than not if you have a bit of blood without any cramps you should be fine. Since you are quite early then finding a heartbeat on a doppler will be too difficult so if they can't scan you before Tuesday you're going to have a horrible wait. I'm so sorry you're going through this - I know how worrying it is.

Try and relax, take things very easy and remember the odds are in your favour. I'll keep everything crossed for you.

Big big hugs :hugs:

Thanks ladies, Ive been "achy" the past 2 days but Ive had it since day one and have been told its everything streching down there. I will just have to wait till Tuesday but just seems soo far away! We have gone away for the w-end and I just cant seem to shake it off...tyipically my partner is fine and seems to be having fun! :(

Thanks again girls

Hi,

Please try not to stress - I know it is difficult.

Have you had intercourse lately? That can cause an irritation and therefore a bleed.

It sounds like old blood though so it could just be some "remnants" from before leaving your body. More often than not if you have a bit of blood without any cramps you should be fine. Since you are quite early then finding a heartbeat on a doppler will be too difficult so if they can't scan you before Tuesday you're going to have a horrible wait. I'm so sorry you're going through this - I know how worrying it is.

Try and relax, take things very easy and remember the odds are in your favour. I'll keep everything crossed for you.

Big big hugs :hugs:

Nope no intercourse haha! Thanks for your support :)

I had brown spotting every day from 6 to 7 weeks and everything was and still is fine :)
So try not to worry too much, I'm glad they are giving you a scan if only to put your mind at ease. And yes it's right that when it brown that's a good sign and also if there is no cramping that's also a good sign. Hoping the best for you and your LO let us know how your scan goes.

This is kinda gross, but beginning around 7 weeks to about 10 weeks I had some spotting almost every time I had a bowel movement or when we had sex. Sometimes it was brown and sometimes it was bright red. Never with any cramping and never happened except when I wiped. I've heard it's fairly common after BMs, so that could be causing it. Everything's fine so far with mine, so try not to worry too much. Glad they're giving you an ultrasound to find out for sure though!

I had brown/dark red spotting/bleeding for about 1 1/2 days at 10 weeks. All is well! Hope the same for you.

I've had bright red, brown and light pink bleeding and thankfully am ok. Maybe baby's just moving around a lot and irritating your uterus. Hope it all gets better for u.

I had spotting that started brown with my 2nd pregnancy which ended in a miscarriage at 5 weeks, I started bleeding red that night after having brown for several hours. That was 3.5 years ago. Then this pregnancy I had pink/brown spotting at 5 weeks from having sex or at least I think it was from that. Then at 7 week I started brown spotting again, went and had an emergency ultrasound and saw baby's HB for the 1st time. I was diagnosed with a subchorionic hematoma. I then started to bleed heavily red the next day. I bled off and on for several weeks. By 15 weeks it had healed thankfully and everything is going normally now.
So, really your chances are 50/50 right now. I know thats hard, but thats still pretty good hope. I really hope you are on the good side of the 50%!!

Oh and brown is always a better sign then red. Also having no cramps is a good sign too

I had brown spotting at 7 weeks which I got checked out and they said everything was normal and not to worry. I then had period-like blood at 13 weeks which they labelled "threatened miscarriage" but everything turned out to be fine then too. I've not had any spotting or bleeding since. Lots of women have spotting/bleeding and go onto have healthy pregnancies. It's still a good idea to get it checked out though! The cramping is very normal so early on too. I had cramping until about 15 weeks.

It'll more than likely be implantation bleeding... But with it being brown, it'll be old. If you've had no pain, don't be worrying yourself.

Hope all goes well.

I had brown spotting @ 6 weeks & early scan showed everything was great:) so I know easier said than done but try not to worry

I had spotting at around 7 weeks and the GP assured me everything was fine and normal at around that time. And so far *touchs wood* everything seems to be going well so try not to worry too much, just take it easy until they can check it out properly for you.

I had brown bleeding at around 7.5 weeks for a couple of days, which my midwife said was normal but to contact her if it carried on for longer than about 4 days or if I was worried. I also bled at 12 weeks with bright red blood, but our scan was booked for 3 days after and that was all fine. So many things can lead to a bit of spotting/a small bleed. Brown is definitely better than red though, as many ladies have said!

I had spotting several times but the blood was red rather than brown, but baby was fine on scan! :happydance: I had cramps with it and everything

I had bright red heavy bleeding at 12 weeks but turned out to be fine...just un-explained bleeding. Since then have had a couple of moments of brown spotting. most likely you have nothing to worry about. When I went for my scan after first episode i was told as long as there is no cramping it is almost always nothing to worry about..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->